: People of Jewish descent are motivated primarily by Greed
and only care about themselves.
- Straight: Joe Jewishguy works for a Fiction 500 company and embezzles millions of dollars.
- Exaggerated: Joe will do anything for cold, hard cash, up to and including murdering his own family.
- Downplayed: All Jews Are Cheapskates
- Joe Jewishguy has a lot of money, but he gives generously to charity.
- Joe has a lot of money, but he's kind and helpful
- Joe is just doing his job as a banker/lender.
- Double Subverted:
- He is motivated more by a desire for tax credits than generosity.
- But he still likes living "the good life," and he puts in crazy hours at work (sometimes at the expense of his family time) get ahead in the rat race.
- He charges a lot of interest (although in his defense, most of the proceeds go towards keeping his lending business going.)
- Parodied: The local synagogue is actually just a cover for a casino.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Joe Jewishguy is The Everyman, or just not developed enough for the audience to discern his level of ambition.
- Enforced: National Stereotypes
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: Joe takes a prestigious job, and he can afford to buy nice things for himself and his family...and becomes "hooked" on having money.
- Exploited: ???
- Joe realizes that his personal and spiritual life will suffer if all he's concerned with is Money, Dear Boy, and manages his time for optimum work-life balance. (This, in turn, helps keep career burnout at bay, too.)
- Alternatively, Joe decides he doesn't need a lot of money to be happy, so he sells his house and car, rents a cheap apartment, and lives life doing something for personal satisfaction more than a paycheck.
- Discussed: "What a dumb stereotype. Who doesn't like money?"
- Conversed: The heroes watch a propaganda film by a white supremacist group, and comment on the anti-Semitic stereotypes it portrays.
Back to Greedy Jew