: Good guys are portrayed as boring and uninteresting.
- Straight: Bob is portrayed as a generic Ideal Hero in contrast to the more exciting Emperor Evulz.
- Exaggerated: Bob is so pure and righteous that the characters (and the audience) would rather go to sleep than to listen to his lectures about morality. Emperor Evulz is so sadistic and ruthless that the characters would rather join him.
- Downplayed: Bob is so much of a Nice Guy that this bores Alice who would rather go out with Brad.
- Justified: ???
- Inverted: Evil is boring and goodness is cool.
- Subverted: ???
- Double Subverted: ???
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Coolness is not a main focus in hero vs villain stories.
- Good and evil are cool!
- Enforced: The writer believes that Evil Is Cool and wants to reflect on that by intending his heroes to be boring.
- Lampshaded: "Oh great. Here comes Mr. Goody-Goody-Two-Shoes."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Bob decides that there's no point toppling the tyrannical regime of evil if the forces of good are just going to be rigid and stuffy and oppress people the same amount from a different angle. So he goes a different route.
- Discussed: "Why is it that good guys always manage to make people go to sleep?"
- Conversed: "Bob is on television again. Yawn."
Here's a link to the morally righteous yet tedious main article