: After a bad day at work, a character snaps and kills a bunch of people.
- Straight: Bob has a bad day at work for Trope Co., so he grabs a machine gun and starts mowing down coworkers.
- Exaggerated: Numerous coworkers plan rampages because of Trope Co. and its actions.
- Bob has a bad day at work; so he decides to try and beat up or kill only his boss.
- Bob destroys his office in rage and gets himself fired as a result, but hurts nobody.
- Justified: The events of that day of work were the straw that broke the camel's back, which made Bob snap.
- Inverted: Bob is somewhat mentally unhinged. After getting that hard-earned promotion at Trope Co., he's officially cured.
- Subverted: After a bad day at work, we see Bob get out a shotgun and shoot...a deer, as hunting is his method of coping with stress.
- Double Subverted: But as he bags it, he mumbles to himself that his coworkers are gonna go down that easily as well...
- Parodied: Worker rampages are so common that HR actually has a policy regarding them - you've got to submit your request, as well as your reason for rampaging.
- Zig Zagged: After a bad day at work, Bob barges in the next day waving a gun. A water gun, which he then uses to start an impromptu blowing-off-steam day among the staff.
- Averted: Bob has a bad day at work. But he doesn't kill anybody.
- Enforced: "Remember, that shooter needs a sympathetic reason. Make his boss a prick."
- Lampshaded: "Uh-oh, they let that unhinged guy go? I think I'm gonna call in sick tomorrow."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Bob's boss hates himself but doesn't want to commit suicide for some reason; therefore he goads Bob into shooting up the office so he can be among the fatalities.
- As soon as Bob approaches, the security team locks down the office, accosts Bob, and disassembles his gun.
- Bob approaches the office with a loaded machine gun, but before he pulls the trigger, comes to his senses and throws it away.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Going Postal