: Food is used to bribe a character.
- Straight: Bob refuses to enter the Abandoned Hospital until Alice offers him some apple pie.
- Exaggerated: Bob absolutely refuses to do anything unless you offer him a feast complete with several pies.
- Downplayed: Starving Artist Bob is willing to paint a really crappy painting in exchange for lunch.
- Bob is a Big Eater, food is a very powerful motivator for him.
- Bob is in a place where good food is quite scarce.
- Bob bribes Alice for the pies.
- Bob is forced to eat broccoli as a punishment.
- Subverted: Alice tries to bribe Bob with pies, but it doesn't work.
- Double Subverted: She then successfully bribes him with chocolate cookies.
- Parodied: The local currency happens to be edible, meaning that all labor and goods are paid for with food.
- Zig Zagged: Bob is a picky eater, and on at least three occasions Alice has tried to bribe him with different types of food, with varying degrees of success.
- Averted: Alice bribes Bob with a Limited Special Collector's Ultimate Edition of his favourite movie.
- Enforced: The Network wants the show to include An Aesop about the importance of eating vegetables, so the plot must include Alice successfully bribing Bob with a healthy salad.
- "I knew offering you pie would work!"
- "Would you do it for a Bob-Snack?"
- Invoked: When Bob sees that Alice wants to bribe him to do something, he mentions his favourite food to give her the right idea.
- Exploited: Yolanda uses pie to get Bob to sleep with her.
- Defied: Bob isn't receptive to offers of food, so when people want to bribe him, they have to look for something else.
- Discussed: "Dammit, Bob... what do you want me to offer you? Cash? Booze? Sexual favours?" "I dunno... perhaps some apple pie would be good, mm-hmm?"
- Conversed: ???
- Played For Drama: Bob is literally starving, and ready to do anything for food... which Alice ruthlessly exploits.
Back to Food As Bribe
. There's an apple pie in it for you.