: A (usually unattractive
) woman who hangs around with gay men.
- Straight: Claire hangs around with Andy and Bob as much as she hangs around with other women.
- Exaggerated: Claire is around Andy and Bob constantly, following them around like a one-woman Goldfish Poop Gang.
- Downplayed: Claire is actually very attractive and hangs out with gay men because she wants to have fun without getting propositioned.
- Claire hangs around with Andy and Bob, not because they are gay, but because they are her friends or relatives, and because she genuinely likes them for who they are.
- Claire was friends with Andy and/or Bob before it turned out they were dating.
- Claire is a Yaoi Fan Girl.
- Inverted: Ed is constantly seen with Claire and her girlfriend, Dana.
- Claire does hang out with Andy and Bob, but she also hangs around with other people, too. Including her boyfriend, Dave. And she's attractive.
- Andy and Bob are just pretending to be gay to get closer to Claire, who wishes for a threesome.
- Double Subverted: But she's also a Yaoi Fangirl who likes to watch Andy and Bob make out.
- Parodied: Claire and her Girl Posse become a Goldfish Poop Gang to Andy and Bob and Squee constantly.
- Zig Zagged: Sometimes Claire is hanging out with Andy and Bob, other times she's not.
- Claire has no gay male friends.
- Claire is totally indifferent towards gays in general.
- Enforced: "Every girl needs at least one gay guy friend!"
- Lampshaded: "I'm Andy, and this is my boyfriend, Bob. Oh, and here's our number one fan, Claire."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Claire tries to find companionship among gay guys, but neither Andy nor Bob are interested in having anything with ovaries in their social circle.
- Claire hangs out with Andy & Bob but when she finds out they're gay, she stops seeing them because she doesn't want to be associated with the stereotype.
- Discussed: "She does know they're gay, right?"
- Conversed: "Oh, she knows, alright. She's probably with them because she's a perverted Yaoi Fangirl, and because she's too ugly and pathetic to get a real boyfriend."
- Deconstructed: Claire hangs out with Andy and Bob because she's single and plain-looking and insecure, so they make her feel like she has two boyfriends at once. She may also be with them because All the Good Men Are Gay, and because she wishes they weren't.
- Reconstructed: Claire stops feeling sorry for herself and puts more effort into her looks and gets a confidence boost. Enough so that she becomes less dependent on Andy and Bob, and maybe even finds herself a real boyfriend instead of just a fantasy.
- Played For Laughs: Andy and Bob do everything in their power to avoid Claire, but she just keeps coming back no matter how far they go or how hard they try!
- Played For Drama:
- Andy and Bob play a role in helping Claire gain confidence in herself (see "Reconstructed").
- Claire drops them as in "Defied", and Andy and Bob are confused. Can they mend their friendship with her? Do they even want to?
Back to Fag Hag