: A character misses an important, obvious detail.
- Straight: Bob, looking for his cell phone doesn't notice it sitting on the table, right in front of him.
- Exaggerated: Bob, looking for his car, doesn't notice that he just walked right into it.
- Downplayed: Bob doesn't see his cell phone in front of him initially because it's the same color as the table it's sitting on.
- Justified: Bob was having an off day or was distracted.
- Inverted: Bob has Hyper Awareness and/or the ablility to Sherlock Scan.
- Subverted: Bob initially seems not to notice his cell phone in front of him, but then he grabs it.
- Double Subverted: ...While not noticing Alice stealing the remote from him.
- Parodied: The cell phone rings and Bob still has trouble finding it, and Alice is endlessly mocking him about it.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Bob sees and gets his cell phone without any fuss.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "Huh, how did I miss that?"
- Invoked: Alice puts Bob's cell phone in a spot where it's in plain sight but Bob's eye will just skip over it, for a laugh.
- Exploited: Alice hides Bob's phone in plain sight, then makes use of the time he spends searching for it to steal his wallet.
- Defied: Bob keeps an eye on his cell phone so he won't lose it.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "How is he missing the fact that his cell phone right in front of him?"
- Implied: Bob loudly asks if anyone has seen his cellphone. Alice says "Probably right in front of you'' without even looking.
- Played For Drama: The fact that Bob keeps failing to notice obvious things shows that he is slowly slipping into dementia, causing the series to take a darker turn.
You do realize the link back to Failed a Spot Check
is right here, right?