Playing With: Expanded States of America
: The United States has expanded to include more states, or surrounding nations.
- Straight: The United States now has 53 states.
- Exaggerated: The US expands to encompass most of the world.
- Downplayed: The US only has one new state, and it is one of its former territories.
- Justified: A nation became too weak to support itself and asked to join the Union, or a territory voted to join the Union because of political reasons
- Inverted: The United States loses states for whatever reason, becoming smaller.
- Subverted: The US joins with Canada and Mexico, not because the US is more powerful, but because it is weak now and needs them to survive.
- Double Subverted: However, the US sector of the new Union becomes powerful enough that it takes over and the Union is pretty much an Expanded States of America.
- A nation (usually that the US has considerable influence over in real life) becomes a state.
- The US expands to the entire universe, parallel worlds, and mystical dimensions.
- Zig Zagged: The US expands West, gathering up Asia, but another power expands into the US taking up the East Coast.
- Averted: The US stays about 50 states.
- Enforced: A patriotic group wants to show a positive world with America at the forefront.
- Lampshaded: "Hey, the flag has more stars on it now!"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Mexico and Canada form an alliance aimed at countering American expansion.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Members of the new state are upset having to lose certain rights or privileges due to joining the US.
- Played For Laughs: As soon as Quebec joins the Union, all formerly-French-Canadians suddenly don cowboy hats and speak with a Southern drawl.
- Played For Drama: The US expands violently, crushing all in its path.
Back to United Union of Northern America Nations with you!