: Sunrise is a good omen.
- Straight: As Bob defeats Emperor Evulz, the sun rises.
- Exaggerated: As Bob defeats Emperor Evulz, The Night That Never Ends breaks and the sun rises.
- Downplayed: As Bob defeats Emperor Evulz, the night sky lightens a few degrees.
- Justified: As a lich, Emperor Evulz has power that blocks the sun from ever shining in his Mordor. When he's defeated, this spell is broken.
- Subverted: That which rises is not the sun.
- Double Subverted: These are the celestial messengers of the sun goddess, here to save Bob from Evulz' crumbling citadel. It's the first time the oppressed people here see something close to pure sunlight.
- The rising sun has a smiling face and sings the Ode to Joy.
- Evulz was defeated in the afternoon and a second sun rises out of nowhere.
- Catching a glimpse of a painting of the sunset hanging on Evulz' wall gives Bob the fortitude to attack him properly.
- Zig Zagged: As Bob fells Evulz with his blow, the sun rises from the east. But when Evulz rise again and go One-Winged Angel, the sun hides itself. After a difficult battle, Evulz is gone for good, but the sun won't rise. Turns out that Bob needs to kill Evulz's soul in The Underworld before the sun will rise. When he does so, the sun itself rises in the realm of the dead.
- Averted: The story takes place in the midnight.
- Enforced: This story is titled Samurai Punk Bob: The Return of Ra.
- Lampshaded: "It's a new day for the people of this land."
- Invoked: Bob times his deathly blow to the rising of the sun.
- Exploited: Bob rushes to Evulz's citadel before the sun rises, hoping that he can paint himself as the legendary hero.
- Defied: Emperor Evulz hides somewhere safe until daybreak.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Implied: Bob's final battle against Evulz takes place offscreen; the audience sees events from his daughter Grace's POV while he's fighting the emperor. Fifteen minutes after Grace takes note of the sun's ascent, Bob comes home holding Evulz's head by one hair.
- Deconstructed: Legends say that whenever a great evil is defeated, the sun will rise. Since Bob (a Ninja) defeats Evulz in the midnight, the people won't believe that he's their hero.
- Reconstructed: Considering this, Bob asks his celestial friend Alice to shower the world with light should he defeat Evulz.
Back to Cue the Sun