Playing With: Covert Pervert
Basic Trope: An innocent or somewhat unexpected character is a pervert.
Back to Covert Pervert
- Straight: Alice is a shy and sweet girl, that shows no signs of being a pervert until Bob finds her Porn Stash.
- Exaggerated: Everyone believes Alice has Incorruptible Pure Pureness, but is actually the most perverted member of the cast, with affinity for fetishes that would trigger Vomit Indiscretion Shots even from the most kinky of her comrades.
- Downplayed: While Alice doesn't approve the overly-sexualized wardrobe choices of some of her female peers, she shows genuine admiration for tasteful depictions of artistic nudity.
- Alice has to keep her perversion a secret from everyone because if she doesn't her parents will disown her.
- Because of her inherent shyness, Alice doesn't feel comfortable sharing that facet of her to the general public, so she keeps it as low profile as possible.
- Alice enjoys holding an aura of purity to others simply so she can shock potential partners with her tastes.
- Ethical Slut
- A promiscuous character surprisingly expresses a rather negative opinion of sex on occasion.
- Alternatively, a dirty-minded character is surprisingly chaste in spite of their perversions.
- Subverted: Turns out the Porn Stash was Carl's when he hid it in Alice room.
- Double Subverted: ...because they share.
- Everyone insists that Alice is not a pervert... even though she regularly ogles Bob in the most obvious manner possible and reads selections from her Porn Stash in public.
- Everybody claims Alice is not a pervert... but she is regularly seen with Charlie, who is both a Dirty Old Man and Chivalrous Pervert, wide grins on her face each time she's with him, and they both smell as if they've done quite a bit of exercise.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Alice is not very perverted at all.
- Enforced: The main cast is supposed to seem cute and wholesome to appeal to the audience, but the writers want to use a few dirty jokes anyway.
- Lampshaded: "You seemed so innocent but I didn't think you'd be hiding that in your room."
- Invoked: Alice is introduced to porn by some of her school classmates, and she secretly likes it, despite her external reaction being of disgust.
- Bob discovers Alice's secret stash, and threatens to reveal it to everyone, (something that would be extremely damaging for her public image, considering that she's under Contractual Purity) unless she does something for him in return.
- Bob is a Chivalrous Pervert and dates Alice having discovered her collection because she'd be more willing to indulge in some of his fantasies which match up with her collection, and nobody needs be any the wiser for how respectable they both appear.
- At some point of her life, Alice tried to develop a taste for pornographic material, but in the end she didn't liked it at all; maybe because it presents an overly simplified and heavily flawed depiction of how sex works in real life, (which is something that goes against her principles) or because she just doesn't have that kind of urges, one way or the other.
- Alice is a Lovable Sex Maniac that doesn't feel ashamed about her pornographic collection, and she's quite open and direct about it.
Bob: "That Alice girl is quite confusing... She doesn't have any vices nor annoying habits! People that squeaky clean make me nervous."
Claire: "No one is THAT wholesome Bob! I'm pretty sure she must have a folder brimming with pornographic material somewhere in her computer."
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Alice's friends are shocked to discover she's not who they thought she was and that she might have been having dirty thoughts about them all along, and stop being friends with her.
- Alice realizes that if her friends don't like the real her, they weren't real friends anyway, and she finds new friends who appreciate both her endearingly innocent demeanor and her more kinky side.
- Despite the shock of such a reveal, Alice's friends learn to accept her inner pervert and the group remains as close as ever.
Back to Covert Pervert