Playing With: Chivalrous Pervert
Basic Trope: Despite having an active interest and desire for sex, a character is ultimately nothing less than chivalrous in his dealings with the opposite sex.
Back to Chivalrous Pervert
- Straight: Bob is always ogling women, making lewd comments and flirting with Alice. However, when Alice comes to him during a time of great crisis, he refuses to take advantage of her when she's in a vulnerable state.
- Bob has slept with dozens (or even hundreds!) of women over the course of his adult life. However, every single one of his partners regard him as the absolute epitome of a gentleman and a Nice Guy.
- Bob is a Dirty Old Man whose nearly every thought is about sex, but when Alice is being attacked he drops that and attacks her attackers, stopping her from being hurt or potentially killed.
- Downplayed: Bob is certainly perverted, but manages to contain it.
- Justified: Bob has a very active sex drive, but was taught to always respect women and to treat his partners well.
- Doubly Subverted:
- Bob is very, very tempted to take advantage of Alice, and struggles with his urges, but ultimately his better nature wins out and he refuses to.
- Of course, by "pervert" we mean "overly kinky". As for the "sex fiend" part, well that's true enough.
- Bob talks the talk all the time, but whenever a woman offers herself to him he turns into a complete prude.
- It's clear that if Bob gave up the sex-mad pervert act and just went with being a chivalrous gentleman, he'd be a lot more successful with women than he is.
- Mens' manners are used to judge their sexual appetites. Bob, being the perfect gentleman, gets twenty proposals a day. Charlie, being a Jerkass, is lucky to get one date a year.
- Zig Zagged: While Bob has a consistently active libido, whether he would actually rape women or not is largely Depending on the Writer
- Averted: Bob has no interest in sex whatsoever and mostly ignores any person with a double X chromosome.
- "I'm a bit worried that Bob always leching over Alice is having a negative effect on the viewers. We'll have to write a scene that shows that he's really a gentleman underneath it all".
- "We want to make Bob as much of a Lovable Sex Maniac as possible. The fangirls will love it."
- Bob is played by an actor who because of his look suffers Draco in Leather Pants when playing a villain, so he was cast in something which allowed him to be naturally flirty and good natured so his fans can enjoy the character as is.
- Lampshaded: "Thank you, Bob. That was really sweet of you. Especially for a guy who's always staring at my ass".
- Invoked: Bob intentionally cultivates the impression of a sex-mad The Casanova because he got his heart broken once and blames his nice-guy persona; when push comes to shove, however, it's the nice guy who wins through.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Bob is up front with his chivalrous nature.
- Discussed: "Bob might come across as a drooling, sex-mad neanderthal, but he's got Hidden Depths, Alice — you'll see".
- Conversed: "Bob drools over every woman he sees. Why is he suddenly being so polite to Alice?"
- Deconstructed: Alice seems to be in her time of need, and Bob refuses to take advantage of her, but this is a Batman Gambit by Alice, and she takes advantage of him.
Back to Chivalrous Pervert