Playing With: Chocolate Baby
: A couple has a child that looks very
different from either parent, implying that he/she was fathered by someone else.
- Alice is married to Bob, but has an affair with Jamal. Nine months later, she gives birth to a black baby.
- Shaniqua gives birth to a white baby, despite being married to Jamal (presumably after an affair with Bob).
- Exaggerated: Alice has several children, all of whom are different races and look nothing like Bob.
- Downplayed: Alice's baby has an eye color that would be extremely rare if it were also Bob's child.
- Alice has been cheating.
- Bob had unprotected sex with Charlotte, who had had unprotected sex with Jamal just hours before (or they had a threesome), then Bob went and had sex with Alice, which gave her both his own sperm and that of Jamal.
- Inverted: Alice and Bob are married but have split up. Alice has moved in with Jamal. When she is pregnant, everybody thinks Jamal is the father. When the baby is born, it is white and Bob-like.
- Alice and Bob used donor eggs and/or sperm to conceive, and they came from someone with very different looks.
- Alice wasn't cheating, but she was raped, and became pregnant as a result.
- Alice and Bob are both biracial; it's just the way the genes combined.
- The child looks like neither Alice nor Bob, but is stated to be an adopted child.
- Alice has an affair with Jamal, but does not become pregnant.
- Alice and Jamal use a condom.
- Shaniqua's blue eyed baby is actually an albino.
- Double Subverted:
- Alice has been cheating with Jamal, and gives birth to a black baby. Bob still thinks it's his child.
- The baby is a tentacle monster, because of an encounter Alice had with Naughty Tentacles nine months ago.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Enforced: "Okay, we already know Alice cheats. How do we show it without her getting in trouble with Bob?" "Let's have her give birth to a black baby. Bob is Too Dumb to Live, so he'll think it's his child."
- Lampshaded: "That's our baby? He looks nothing like me!"
- Alice finds herself in bed with Jamal, but they have no protection.
- Alice knows that Bob is Too Dumb to Live, and cheats on him just to see if he'll notice.
- Agent Charlie notices this and blackmails Alice into being an accomplice.
- Alice scores pity by telling Bob that she was raped.
- Alice and Jamal stop, either out of guilt or lack of protection.
- Alice is on the Pill, and makes Jamal use a condom.
- Jamal invites Alice to his house without specifying a reason. Alice suspects that Jamal wants her to cheat on Bob, and refuses to go for this reason.
- After realizing that Jamal may have made her pregnant, Alice has an abortion.
- Discussed: "What if you made me pregnant? Bob will kill me if he finds out I've been cheating."
- Conversed: "Why does that white couple have a black baby?" "I suspect cheating was involved."
- Implied: Alice and Bob have a black baby. Bob doesn't suspect a thing, but Alice always looks guilty.
- Deconstructed: Bob knows that something is up. He asks Alice why their baby is black, and Alice unwittingly admits that she had sex with Jamal. Both couples get divorced over this.
- Reconstructed: Bob forgives Alice for cheating, and doesn't tell Shaniqua that Jamal had sex with Alice.
- Played For Laughs: Bob is more surprised than upset.
- Played For Drama:
Back to Chocolate Baby