: A one liner made at the expenses of someone who just got killed.
- Straight: Upon throwing a Mook into a Acid Pool, Secret Agent Bob says "Maybe he would have preferred the basics."
- Downplayed: Bob's one liner isn't all that witty.
- Bob is trying to impress his partner Alice, who considers these to be high-class comedy.
- Or Bob wanted to reply to the Mook's Pre-Mortem One-Liner. Who ignored the pit right behind him.
- Bob needs to intimidate the other mooks.
- Inverted: The hero about to be thrown into an Acid Pool and says "An acid pool? I'll give you one thing Doctor Bad, as clichéd as it is, it isn't exactly a basic trap."
- Subverted: The Super Soldier mook climbs out of the acid pool and quips No I wouldn't
- Double Subverted: The hero throws some drain cleaner at the super solider as it charges at him, who dissolves instantly and counter-quips I was always told you couldn't get very far in life if you couldn't deal with the basics
- Parodied: There is World Championship Invitational for this trope in Bob's country.
- Zig Zagged: When Bob kills somebody, he either does one of these or ignores him and goes to town on his buddy two feet away
- Averted: Mook falls into an acid pool, hero remains silent.
- Enforced: This movie needs more jokes.
- Lampshaded: You just killed a man! How can you joke about that!
- Invoked: "What would James Bond say in this situation?"
- Exploited: The mooks fill the hero full of lead because him talking gives away his position.
- Defied: I'm not making a crack here, I'm not James Bond
- Discussed: Bob and Alice are comparing one liners used over their careers.
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: The hero uses it to cope with the violent deaths he encounters.
- Reconstructed: Not to mention the humourous ones.
Maybe you would've preferred to go back to Bond One-Liner