: A character screams the word "No!" at length when faced with a crisis or tragedy.
- Straight: Bob yells "Nooo!" when he sees the villain stab Alice, his girlfriend.
- Bob runs towards Alice in slow-motion, arm outstretched, with his yell of "Nooo!" both artificially deepened and lengthened for dramatic effect.
- Optionally coupled with weird facial contortions. Huge potential for Squick (or Narm) here.
- Or alternately, it last for several scenes!
- Or the camera jumps out to a far distance above Bob's Skyward Scream of "NOOOOOO!" (Mostly used in parody these days.)
- Or he says it multiple times like a Madness Mantra.
- Bob utters a intense, but shorter "NO!" when he sees Alice get stabbed.
- Bob gives a quiet Little "No" in despair and disbelief after Alice dies.
- Bob is shocked and wants to do something, but can't.
- Bob is over-dramatic.
- Bob looks like he's about shout "No!", but gets cut-off before he can.
- Bob yells No, but ends in -pe, thereby making it, Nope.
- Double Subverted: Once the distraction is dealt with, Bob is free to shout "No!"
- Bob's yell of "Nooo!" is so long, he's obligated to take a deep breath during it before continuing.
- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ten minutes later OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
- Bob stares blankly for ten seconds before suddenly shouting "Nooo!!!"
- Bob is prompted to scream "Nooo!" by the most minor and trivial of problems.
Bob: "Well, I sure am looking forward to my pizza rolls, I- wait, is that burning I smell? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"
- The screen splits into ten panes, each of which has Bob screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" in unison.
- Zig Zagged: Some of the characters get a Heroic BSOD when something bad happens, others scream the Big "NO!". Naturally, if there is more than one battle, the people will switch which reaction they have.
- Averted: Bob says nothing during moments of tragedy and crisis.
- "This is a dramatic moment, people! Bob, I want you to yell "No!" as loud and as long as you can!"
- A Large Ham is hired to play the part of Bob.
- "... that was the biggest 'No' I ever heard."
- "You sound like a character from a crappy B-movie with that 'NOOOOO!!!'"
- Invoked: Bob actively makes sure he's got everyone's attention before screaming "Nooo!"
- Exploited: Bob purposely yells loudly to distract the guards.
- Defied: Danny punches Bob out if it even looks like he's going to scream "Nooo!"
- Discussed: Danny demands why Bob had to go and shout something stupid sounding like that, this isn't some TV Drama. Bob retorts that it certainly was dramatic enough to be in a TV show.
- Conversed: Danny says "Oh my god, that sounded like that one scene from that show I was watching!"
- Bob's Big "NO!" blows his cover, sending the villain and possibly passer-by Danny straight for him. Bob may also become hoarse from shouting.
- Everyone looks at Bob, who now feels incredibly awkward.
- Reconstructed: Bob's Big "NO!" causes him to be spotted by the villain, but Bob still manages to escape.
Back to Big NoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO