: Early on in the game, a powerful character joins the party and nukes everything, before leaving.
- Straight: Early on in Tales Of Troperia, The Team of Bob, Alice, Emily, Charlie, and Dave are joined by the grizzled veteran Jason Bloodspiller, who is at level 27 while the heroes are at Level 1. He takes down everything in the game until he has to leave.
- Dave has a sweeping attack, high stats, and a good helmet, armour, weapon, pair of gloves, and pair of boots equipped.
- Dave's attack destroys everything on the field in one shot.
- Downplayed: Jason is level 5; still tougher than The Team, but not overwhelmingly tougher.
- Justified: Dave has years of experience because he's the Hero of Another Story and has to leave eventually.
- Alex is a level 1 character adopted into a group of level 20s while he learns the ropes of the game. Then they start a new game with new characters and everyone is even.
- Lethal Joke Character.
- Double Subverted:
- Parodied: Every single attack Jason has involves strapping a nuke to the enemy and blowing up the entire other half of the battlefield.
- Zig Zagged: Jason only has good equipment. Unequip it and he's normal... oh wait, he's a werebear so he gets a bonus if you unequip his stuff but werebears only get the stat boost if you're facing squirrels... but guess what, the Big Bad is a squirrel.
- Strong characters don't leave nor lose any equipment.
- There is no strong character to begin with.
- Enforced: "We need to keep people from getting bored with the basic attacks, so let's give them a tough guy to keep them entertained until they get more interesting attacks."
- Lampshaded: "Lemme guess, you'll go ahead and clear the path while we stand around and do nothing."
- Invoked: "I guess I have to send you Level 1 inexperienced adventurers with wooden everythings on a quest to save the entire world. Might as well give you some help along the way. Bring my best knight with you. He's going to eventually have to come home though, so don't get comfortable hiding behind him."
- Exploited: Knowing that this next mission will be more dangerous than any before, The Hero purposefully asks for help from a number of mysterious strangers in hopes of finding a diamond in the rough to give them an edge.
- Defied: Realizing that Bob is more powerful than everyone else combined, Alex arranges for Bob and the rest of the group to go their separate ways to avoid Bob taking over.
- Discussed: "Yeah, but there's no way Alex is going to stick around with us too long. We just can't hope to keep up."
- Conversed: ???
Back to A Taste of Power