- this new ending for HQ remake in which a really evil-looking Sekai pushes Kotonoha into the path of an oncoming train, in full view of everyone in the train station. Makoto grabs onto her hand in an attempt to pull her back, but he's a second too late - and you can actually SEE the train hitting Kotonoha, leaving Makoto staring in shock and clutching her severed hand.
- This original PC ending in which Kotonoha slices Sekai's throat in front of Makoto. Damn that High-Pressure Blood and Kotonoha's Evil Laugh.
- Another original ED where more High-Pressure Blood is had when Kotonoha throws herself off a building in front of Sekai and Makoto. This leaves Makoto so traumatized that he breaks up with Sekai and swears off romance and dating forever.
- Probably the worst part of the visual novel is that...it's a visual novel. The folks playing the game pick the decisions and follow the routes. The characters can cheat, they can lie, they can mutilate, they can kill, they can even lead each other to get raped...but in the end, they can't do anything that you, the player, don't want them to do.
- Also, let's think of it. What makes the game potentially so, so scary is that... here are no super evil powers, no complicated conspiracies, no external influences. The plot of the VN and its adaptations is made of bad decisions, inexperienced kids dealing in the worst ways possible with how Love Hurts, tripping each other to get what they want for themselves or others, etc. This franchise, basically, is about normal persons getting the absolute worst out of each other. Dysfunction Junction or what?
- on the other hand, in the surrounding overflow universe, all the insanity can be traced to one insanely malicious human - the immortal Tomaru Sawagoe. He simply does not age, he ruins everything he touches for the sake of amusement, and causes the maximum amount of human suffering purely because he can. He is one of few blatantly supernatural characters in an otherwise normal universe, and he uses this ability and power purely to hurt his own family and molest them - body, mind and soul. And do remember, he will not die. This is a monster who, if arrested, could simply choose to wait until the jail rots or use his cash to evade prosecution entirely.
- The official end of the anime is pretty disturbing. After inviting Sekai over, Makoto is stabbed multiple times by her and is thinking back to all the times where he and Sekai got along while being knifed by her. Kotonoha, after arriving home from the store, discovers his corpse as well as a large pool of blood around him. Rather than go to the police, she decapitates him and places his head in a gym bag. She calls Sekai over to the school roof, makes her look at Makoto's severed head and then kills her. The best part of the scene? Kotonoha cuts her open and checks to see if she really was pregnant. We can only hope that Kotonoha's claim that she wasn't is true. The broadcast version replaces the red blood with Black Blood. Somehow this can be even more disturbing.
Nightmare Fuel / School Days
School Days has already been mentioned in the Anime section, but the TV series has nothing on some of the bad endings of the original game and/or its updated releases. Spoilers below: