Nightmare Fuel: Hyperbole and a Half
- For 2nd grade Allie, the skeleton man.
- "Wolves," if not for the reader, then for poor Benny.
- Attempted when young Allie tells her younger sister the 'scariest story in the world'. Backfires.
- Simple Dog's internal monologue telling her to roll around on a dead animal. The visual aid is pretty disturbing.
- CAKE. CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS.
- HELLO LITTLE GIRL◊
- In an Adult Fear kind of way, the story about how Allie's mom got lost in the woods with her two children with no way to get home and having to desperately put on a brave face so as not to terrify them.
- The part in "Texas" where Allie wanders alone into a rough neighborhood looking for a grocery store. It's terrifying enough that the houses here are described as having bars in all the windows and there are bullet holes in some of the cars parked along the street, but Allie is also delirious from a high fever and has absolutely no idea where she's going.