Nightmare Fuel: Baccano!
- Rail Tracer, an Urban Legend about a train-hunting monster brought to terrifying life by the conductor-cum-assassin Claire Stanfield, who uses the persona to sneak around on the train inflicting a painful and bloody demise upon anyone who dares harm its passengers.
- Immortals have the ability to kill another immortal by "eating" them, presumably so called because the eater absorbs the victim's memories in the process-and the terminology is the least disturbing thing about it. Imagine that someone, probably someone you knew considering how the immortals got their start, approaches you and places their right hand on top of your head. By the time you realize what's happening, all of your bodily fluids and tissues are ripping themselves from underneath your skin and pulling from out of your skull. Your muscles dry out and tear while your bones weaken and crumble quickly after. Against your will, your body pulls itself apart until you are nothing but a distended mass of flesh and sinew to be absorbed into your attacker's hand. While this is happening, you feel all of it, including the pain of your mind being stripped away until it's nothing but a mass of fear and confusion. Only when every memory, thought, and sensation decays one-by-one does it finally end, and you wink out of existence. And to do this to you, all they have to do is touch their hand to your head and will it, after which you are powerless to stop it all. Sweet dreams, everyone!
- Actually being devoured is completely painless because it absorbs the most recent memories first preventing you from even realizing you're being devoured. Shown in book 1 from Barne's perspective.
- At one point The Rail Tracer threatens Czeslaw Mayer with torture involving "stripping away each individual arm muscle and doing intricate carvings on the exposed bone."
- When you think about it, the idea of being in Firo's or Czes's position, that of having eaten a psychopathic immortal and being stuck with their memories for all eternity, is a pretty grisly thought.
- Every time Fermet is mentioned by Czes is this. The fact that Fermet practically oozes with pederast vibes makes it worse.
- Even though he kinda deserved it, it's still disturbing when Claire tortures Czes after he finds out Czes wants to kill every one in the train. What makes it worse is, due to him being immortal, Czes looks like a little kid.
- When Mary is hiding in the closet, she accidentally knocks over a broom, letting one of Ladd's goon know where she is. We see Mary in the closet, listening as he gets closer and closer. He opens the door and...
- "Found you..."
- For even more nightmare fuel, the way he talks implies that he wants to rape her. Thank God for Chane.
- Fermet in general is this. He is a psychopath who in general, if you don't know his true face (of a sadist who does bad things for his amusement) you think he is a good guy and trust him. The scary thing is that is too late when you realize that. A even scary thing is that, despite been devoured for two times, he recovered like it's was nothing. Good thing he doesn't exist in true life! Or what Fermet did to Huey. Utterly DESTROYING his entire life....as a spur of the moment whim.
- As stated above, Fermet gives off major pederast vibes; in one episode, after cutting out Czeslaw's eyes, he gets into a position that, judging from the camera angle, could only be accomplished by him sitting on top of Czeslaw's chest. Czes' reaction (or more accurately, lack of reaction) implies that Fermet does stuff like that a lot. Let that sink in.
- And somehow he's survived being devoured. Yup: he's still alive.
- Szilard Quates. Period.
- Nice's accident. Especially in the dub.
- SAMPLE. They torture children (examples being Elmer and Illnes) for religious purposes and attempt to crash Exit and Entrace into each other. And were created by Fermet, based on information about the cult that Elmer was a part of (Fermet was the son of an Inquisitor and knew about Huey and Elmer's pasts as well as being privy to several important cover-ups)