Yeasayer is an experimental rock band from Brooklyn, composed of keyboardist/singer Chris Keating, bassist Ira Wolf Tuton, and guitarist/keyboardist/singer Anand Wilder plus a few touring members. The band was named Most Blogged of 2010 by music blog aggregate The Hype Machine.The band's albums so far are:
- All Hour Cymbals (2007)
- Odd Blood (2010)
- Fragrant World (2012)
- Bittersweet Ending: The "Madder Red" video. The creature in the video apparently comes down with some sort of illness, and its owner rushes it to the hospital. The doctors are unable to save it, and the owner is heartbroken. While she takes the creature's corpse out of the hospital, she sees the creature in the clouds, implying that it went to heaven.
- Body Horror: The videos for "O.N.E." and "Ambling Alp".
- Crowd Song: "Ambling Alp" and "Madder Red" have become this.
- Digital Piracy Is Evil: Played with. They don't seem worried, but they would prefer that fans hear their music from them first, even going so far as to launch an online scavenger hunt for fans to find visuals for all eleven songs on Fragrant World when they heard the album was about to be leaked.
- Eldritch Abomination: The creature in the "Madder Red" video.
- Everything Is an Instrument
- Game Music: "O.N.E." was in FIFA 11.
- They made a song called "Don't Come Close" for Grand Theft Auto V.
- Intercourse with You: "Mondegreen," and everybody's talking about it.
- Lyrical Dissonance: "O.N.E." is a bouncy dance song with influences from African and Bollywood styles. Its lyrics describe a struggle with alcoholism, rephrased so it would sound like a breakup with a girlfriend.
- "Wait for the Summer" is a carefree psychedelic swirl of handclaps and vocal harmonies. It's a Murder Ballad.
- Mr. Fanservice: A rather excited-looking Anand Wilder has a spot in a cage in the "O.N.E." video.
- However, the Body Horror in the video sort of cancels that out.
- Murder Ballad: "Wait for the Summer", surprisingly.
- Neoclassical Punk Zydeco Rockabilly: They describe their sound as "Middle Eastern-psych-snap-gospel." Examples for each: "Rome," "Wait for the Summer," "Sunrise," "Red Cave".
- They've been classified as electronica, (neo-)psychedelia, experimental, indie, alternative, worldbeat, pop...
- New Sound Album: Odd Blood has more of an experimental sound to it than All Hour Cymbals.
- Nightmare Face: The protagonist in the "O.N.E." video has a face that morphs and contorts. And you get to see all of it.
- Precision F-Strike: "Ambling Alp"; "Keep your mind on the time with that ass on the line."
- Pun-Based Title: All Hour Cymbals —> "all our symbols".
- Surreal Music Video: Every single one.
- Textless Album Cover: Every album they've done.
- Theme Naming: Two tracks on All Hour Cymbals are named "Wait for the Summer" and "Wait for the Wintertime".