Waking The Cadaver are an American Deathcore band, playing in the vein of Slam Death Metal
bands like Devourment. Ironically, the band's rise in popularity had begun with a Misheard Lyrics
video sometime back even before they even made their debut. Since then, they moved away from the slam stereotypes and their variety of death metal/deathcore has moved to a more tradtional NYDM sound ala bands like Suffocation and Dying Fetus.
They formed under the name Death To Honor befroe the name change in 2006. In that same year, they released their infamous two-track demo that would be the center of said video that would forever change them.
- Don Campan — Vocals (2006–present)
- Mike Mayo — Guitar (2008–present)
- John Hartman — Guitar (2011–present)
- Alex Sarnecki — Bass (2006–present)
- Dennis Morgan — Drums (2006–present)
- Perverse Recollections of A Necromangler (2007)
- Beyond Cops, Beyond God (2010)
- Real-Life Death (2013)
The band provides examples of the following tropes:
- Careful With That Axe: The vast majority of their vocals.
- Follow the Leader: Aimed for a slam sound that was less than living up till just recently.
- Genre-Busting: Best described as a Slam Death, deathcore and hardcore mixed in the same blender.
- Gorn: The lyrics are mostly just straight up violence on Beyond Cops...
- Harsh Vocals: Pig squeals mainly, though Don Campan has also been using death growls and occasional hardcore shouts alongside them as of late.
- Hip Hop: While Don denies being fans of said music, the psuedo-rapped lyrics say otherwise.
- Jerkass: Don Campan is known to be a homophobe and violent when confronted. The rest of the band isn't much better.
- Misogyny Song: Averted with Beyond Cops, Beyond God, which focused more on general misanthropy and "Tough Guy" lyrics. Played straight with the album before (as one might have guessed from such song titles as "Chased Through the Woods By a Rapist").
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Usually a 10 or 11. Justified in that they have slam influences. Even when they moved away from slam, they still sound much heavier than the average deathcore.
- Mondegreen: I LIKE SHREDDED WHEAT!!!!
- New Sound Album: Beyond Cops has a more standard Brutal Death Metal sound, with the slams being downplayed in favor of faster riffs.
- Pretty Fly for a White Guy: One of the most frequently mocked aspects of the band is their very wigger-ish appearance.
- Slam Death Metal.