The band.Primal Fear
is a Power Metal
band which has it's origins at half of The Nineties
Sometime around The Nineties
, Ralf Scheepers, who sung in Gamma Ray
, decides to try and get the vocalist job on Judas Priest
, which Rob Halford had left. He was one of the first candidates, but Tim "Ripper" Owens woud get that job. It backfired for the Priest, but that's another story.
Frustrated, Scheppers decided to start a new project with some of his friends from Sinner. And thus, Primal Fear
Not to be confused with the movie
of the same name, and, of course, with the trope
of the same name.
Discography as of 2012:
- 1998: Primal Fear
- 1999: Jaws of Death
- 2001: Nuclear Fire
- 2002: Black Sun
- 2004: Devil's Ground
- 2005: Seven Seals
- 2007: New Religion
- 2009: 16:6 (Before The Devil Knows You're Dead)
- 2012: Unbreakable
- Ralf Scheepers - vocals
- Hendrik "Henny" Wolter - guitars
- Magnus Karlsson - guitars
- Mat Sinner - bass
- Randy Black - drums
The band provides examples of:
- After the End: "Nation In Fear"
- Anti-Love Song: "When The Night Comes"
- Bald of Awesome: Ralf Scheepers
- Civil War: "Battalions of Hate"
- Corrupt Church: "Church Of Blood"
- Cover Version: They've covered many songs for tributes and whatever: "Breaker", "Kill The King", Moore/Lynott's "Out In The Fields", "Speed King", "Die Young", "Metal Gods", "Seek and Destroy", "2 Minutes To Midnight" and "The Rover".
- Heavy Meta: "Metal Is Forever" and "Living for Metal"
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Epica's Simone Simmons on "Every time It Rains"
- Large Ham: Ralf Scheepers, natch.
- Last Stand: "Final Embrace"
I will fight my own fight
I will break through their lines
Take the last chance to survive
- Power Metal
- Precision F-Strike: "Cry Havoc". It's kind of surprising the first time, actually.
- Rebel Leader: "Chainbreaker"
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: "Hatred In My Soul"
- Spell My Name with an S: It's Ralf Scheepers or Ralf Scheppers?
- Start My Own: After failing on the audition for being Judas Priest's vocalist, Scheepers started his own band.