Primal Fear is a Power Metal band which has it's origins at half of The '90s.Ralf Scheepers sung in different bands before landing the lead vocalist role in Gamma Ray, with whom which he recorded three albums before a series of events led him to leaving it. (Contrary to popular belief, he NEVER auditioned for Judas Priest) Thus his next step in music would be the formation of Primal Fear, alongside Sinner members.Not to be confused with the movie of the same name, and, of course, with the trope of the same name.Discography as of 2017:
- 1998: Primal Fear
- 1999: Jaws of Death
- 2001: Nuclear Fire
- 2002: Black Sun
- 2004: Devil's Ground
- 2005: Seven Seals
- 2007: New Religion
- 2009: 16:6 (Before The Devil Knows You're Dead)
- 2012: Unbreakable
- 2014: Delivering The Black
- 2016: Rulebreaker
- Ralf Scheepers – lead vocals (1997–present)
- Mat Sinner – bass guitar, vocals (1997–present)
- Tom Naumann – guitars (1997–2000, 2003–2007, 2015-present), live guitars (2013-2015)
- Alex Beyrodt – guitars (2009–present), live guitars (2007–2009)
- Magnus Karlsson – guitars (2008–present)
- Francesco Jovino – drums (2015–present)
- Klaus Sperling – drums (1997–2003)
- Stefan Leibing – guitars, keyboards (1998–2007)
- Hendrik "Henny" Wolter – guitars (2000–2002, 2007–2010)
- Randy Black – drums (2003–2014)
- Constantine - live guitars (2012-2013)
- Aquiles Priester – drums (2014–2015)
This band provides examples of:
- After the End: "Nation In Fear"
- Author Appeal: "Formula One" is about the eponymous sport.
- Bald of Awesome: Ralf Scheepers
- Break-Up Song: "Iron Fist In A Velvet Glove":We better separate ways or hate is getting stronger.
Last chapter in the act, two more broken hearts.
My dedication to the past, I'm gonna draw the line.
You hit me with an iron fist in a velvet glove.
- Careful with That Axe: Ralf is capable of keeping a high note during a long time. Take, for example, the chorus of "Iron Fist In A Velvet Glove", where he keeps a high note during the chorus while his bandmates sing it.
- Civil War: "Battalions of Hate"
- Concept Album:
- Black Sun is about a space exploration mission.
- Of sorts with Seven Seals, as it's about the battle between heaven and hell.
- Corrupt Church: "Church Of Blood"
- Cover Version: They've covered many songs for tributes and whatever: "Breaker", "Kill The King", Moore/Lynott's "Out In The Fields", "Speed King", "Die Young", "Metal Gods", "Seek and Destroy", "2 Minutes To Midnight" and "The Rover".
- Grief Song: One of the interpretations of "In Memory", about Ralf Scheepers's sister.
- Heavy Meta:
Faster beats are pounding
- "Metal Is Forever":
While the fans are shouting
Metal is forever
In every single matter
Metal is forever
Nations come together
- "Living for Metal" is about the whole cycle of a metalhead: you start listening a band, then get your friends onto the genre, then you form a band.
- Horsemen of the Apocalypse: "Seven Seals".
- Large Ham: Ralf Scheepers.
- Last Stand: "Final Embrace"I will fight my own fight
I will break through their lines
Take the last chance to survive
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Mostly in the 7-8 range, with the odd tune that gets a bit lower.
- Multinational Team: In the current formation, germans Ralf Scheepers, Mat Sinner (real name: Matthias Lasch), Tom Naumann and Alex Beyordt share the band with swedish Magnus Karlsson and italian Francesco Jovino. Past members also included canadian Randy Black and southafrican Aquiles Priester.
- Power Metal
- Precision F-Strike: "Cry Havoc". It's kind of surprising the first time, actually.
- Rebel Leader: "Chainbreaker"
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: "Hatred In My Soul"
- Screw Destiny: "Visions of Fate", from Devil's Ground.
- Spell My Name with an "S": It's Ralf Scheepers or Ralf Scheppers?
- Start My Own: After leaving Gamma Ray, Scheepers started Primal Fear.