Necrophagist are a German Technical Death Metal
They are known for their highly technical playing, even for tech death standards, a good majority of which are borrowed from classical music. They hit mainstream popularity (At least the metal mainstream) with the release of Epitaph, no thanks due to being signed on Relapse Records.
Although a new album was announced in the works back in 2009, they're have been no new whatsoever on whether or not they are still active. In fact, the last known show was back in 2010, leading many to believe that they split up.
However, on September 11, 2013, Romain Goulon had posted a statement that they were still around, and that they are most definitely working on the third album, but gave no other information.
- Muhammed Suiçmez – vocals, lead guitar (1992–present)
- Stephan Fimmers – bass guitar (2003–present)
- Sami Raatikainen – rhythm guitar, lead guitar (2006–present)
- Romain Goulon – drums (2008–present)
Notable Past Members
Needs a Better Description
- Onset of Putrefaction (1999)
- Epitaph (2004)
Tropes display by this band: