Music / Jacks Mannequin
Jack's Mannequin is an American alt-rock band formed by Andrew McMahon in 2004. It started as a side project when his other band, Something Corporate, went on hiatus. They released their first album, Everything in Transit
, in 2005, followed by The Glass Passenger
in 2008. A third album, People and Things
, was released in 2011 and shortly after its release, Andrew stated that it was the last Jack's album and that any future music will be released strictly under his own name.
- Audience Participation Song: None specifically, but "Holiday From Real" and "Bruised" are the most popular ones in his live shows.
- B.S.O.D. Song: "Caves" can be seen as this, as can "Orphans" and "Bloodshot".
- Dancing Is Serious Business: The music video for "Dark Blue".
- Even the Guys Want Him: His fanbase is quite evenly mixed and several male fans have declared their love for him.
- I Am the Band
- Last Note Nightmare: Not a note exactly, but the end of "Caves" might qualify.
- Loudness War: Mostly unnaffected, but "Bloodshot" is significantly louder than the rest of its album.
- Lyrical Dissonance: "Miss California", "Crashin'".
- New Sound Album: The Glass Passenger, somewhat. It does have poppy songs like Everything In Transit, but has far more slow acoustic songs that don't rely on hooks.
- People and Things is a combination of the two, and Andrew's solo EP, The Pop Underground is more electronica-influenced.
- Obsession Song: A surprising amount, but especially "Miss California".
- One Woman Song: Now has quite a collection. "Miss Delaney", "Annie Use Your Telescope", "Amy, I", "Diane The Skyscraper", and "Amelia Jean" all count.
- Perishing Alt Rock Voice: Not all the time, but often enough to be noticeable.
- Spiritual Successor: To Andrew's other band, Something Corporate.
- Spoken Word in Music: All the time, most notably in "I'm Ready".
- Studio Chatter: The end of "Rescued" ("I pulled the plug out, because I didn't wanna look for a light switch").