L to R: Ivan, Erik, Mike, and Craig
Deeds of Flesh are an American Brutal Death Metal band hailing from California. They were formed in 1993 by Jacoby Kingston, Erik Lindmark and Joey Heaslet and are still active, although Lindmark is the only member left still in the band. They founded their own label, Unique Leader Records, which has since become home to a number of other death metal bands from around the world.
They have also toured with various others bands such as Cannibal Corpse
, Severe Torture
In 2012, Lindmark was diagnosed with a tendinitis in his arm, leaving him only to do guitar duties in the studio.
- Erik Lindmark - Guitar, Lead Vocals (1993-present)
- Mike Hamilton - Drums (1999-present)
- Craig Peters - Lead Guitar, Vocals (2011-present)
- Ivan Munguia - Bass (2012-present)
Notable Past Members:
- Gradually Melted (EP, 1995)
- Trading Pieces (1996)
- Inbreeding the Anthropophagi (1998)
- Path of the Weakening (1999)
- Mark of the Legion (2001)
- Reduced to Ashes (2003)
- Crown of Souls (2005)
- Of What's to Come (2008)
- Portals to Canaan (2013)
Tropes displayed by Deeds Of Flesh:
- Bald of Awesome: Erik Lindmark
- Brutal Death Metal
- Concept Album: Of What's to Come kicked off a conceptual story that was continued with Portals to Canaan.
- Development Hell: Portals to Canaan had a five year gap from the previous album.
- Epic Rocking:
- "The Endurance" from Reduced to Ashes is 11:47 minutes long
- "Entranced in Decades of Psychedelic Sleep" from Portals to Canaan is 6:38 minutes.
- Four Man Band:
- Gorn: A common lyrical theme up till Of What's To Come
- I Am the Band: Erik Lindmark.
- Lead Bassist: Kingston was a type B and C, while Boyer and Caspersen were both a type A.
- Ivan, the current bassist, is a type A and arguable C due to his status within the California tech scene.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Hard 10 to a Standard 11.
- New Sound Album: Of What's to Come was a genre shift to technical death metal, introducing guitar solos that were absent before it.
- Revolving Door Band
- Signature Style: Dissonant Brutal Death metal with lots of atonal palm-muted tremolo riffs, odd time signatures aplenty, and a general sense of cyclical progression with the riffs.
- Special Guest: Matti Way does backing vocals for Inbreeding The Anthropophagi
- In Return, Erik does guest/session vocals for Disgorge, Viral Load, Flesh Consumed, and Prophecy.
- Technical Death Metal: Their newer albums could qualify.