L to R: Myers, Soria, Ochoa, Talorada and Sanchez
Disgorge are an American Brutal Death Metal
band hailing from California. However, they were important in the scene in that they were (arguably) pioneers in the sub-sub-genre known as Slam Death Metal due to the gurgled/low pig-squealed vocals and rhythms over leads, with the ladder being almost none-existent.
Originally starting off as a three piece, they eventually evolved into a four piece, then a five piece, with Ricky
being the only member playing in all albums.
They split up in 2006, reasons unexplained. It wasn't sure of what had happened to the band until they announced their reunion in 2011, with a new vocalist and bassist. They are currently working on a new album, entitled "...And The Weak Shall Perish"
- Ricky Myers - Drums (1992-)
- Diego Sanchez - Guitar (1998-)
- Ed Talorada - Guitar (2004-)
- Diego Soria - Bass (2013-)
- Angel Ochoa - Vocals (2013-)
Notable Past Members:
- Matti Way - Vocals (1994-2001)
- AJ Magana - Vocals (2000-2002)
- Levi Fuselier - Vocals (2003-2011)
- Nate Twyman - Vocals (2012-2013)
- Ben Marlin(RIP 2008) - Bass (1998-2008)
- Bryan Ugartechea - Vocals/Bass (1992-1995)
- Derek Boyer - Bass (1996)
- Erik Lindmark - Guitar (2011-2012)
- Cranial Impalement (1999) note
- She Lay Gutted (1999)
- Consume the Forsaken (2002)
- Parallels of Infinite Torture (2005)
- ...And The Weak Shall Perish (TBA)
Tropes that apply to Disgorge:
- Author Existence Failure: Ben Marlin.
- Brutal Death Metal
- Dead Artists Are Better: Again, Marlin.
- Development Hell: ...And The Weak Shall Perish has been in one since they reunited in 2011.
- Five-Man Band:
- Gorn: Of the anti-religious type
- Harsh Vocals
- I Am the Band: Ricky Myers
- Lead Bassist: Marlin was a Type C and arguable Type A while Bryan Ugartechea was a type B.
- Miniscule Rocking: "Compost Devourment"
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: 11 throughout the entire career.
- Name's the Same: There are plenty of other bands named Disgorge, namely, the Mexican Deathgrind one.
- New Sound Album: Parallels of Infinite Torture greatly increased the technical musicianship and was overall much longer.
- Nobody Loves the Bassist: Zig-Zagged. Marlin was a type A Lead Bassist while Ugarthechea was a type B. After both of them, none of the bassists seemed to get any recognition.
- One of Us:
- Diego Sanchez is a fan of rappers NAS and RZA
- Edward Talorda enjoys the music of K-Pop singer BoA, among other things.
- Diego Soria watches Family Guy and That '70s Show.
- Angel Ochoa really loves Anime and Japanese videogames.
- Promoted Fanboy: Angel Ochoa, of Condemned/Cephalotripsy, is now the vocalist for the legendary Disgorge.
- Revolving Door Band: They really can't seem to keep a vocalist and a bassist.
- Special Guest: Erik Lindmark of Deeds of Flesh did backing vocals on She Lay Gutted.
- Plenty of the members, past and present have been one, with Way being one for Abnormality while Ochoa has been this for Cerebral Bore.
- The Band Minus the Face: Although Myers is technically in charge of Disgorge, Sanchez was at one point missing from the band post-reunion. Let's just say that fans weren't happy.
- Troll: Ed uploaded what appeared to be a preproduction single for the upcoming album...only for the video to be a rick-roll.
- Uncommon Time: Always present in their music, but it's all over the place in Parallels, to the point where it almost reaches Progressive/Technical Death Metal complicated.
- What Could Have Been: Derek Boyer of Suffocation was asked to join Disgorge post-hiatus. Originally, he accepted, but had to back out due to the tight schedule.