Carnifex are an American Deathcore band, forming in 2005.After a few demos recordings on Enclave Records and some lineup changes, they signed onto This City Is Burning label for their debut act. After the album was released, they decided to tour full time. The sucess of the album and the rise of Deathcore got them signed up on the more popular Victory Records, with Fred Calderon and Ryan Gudmunds joining.They announced a hiatus in late 2012, likely to see what how future events will affect them. On Jone 10, 2013, they announced a return and stated that a followup would be relased in 2014 under Nuclear Blast.
- Shawn Cameron – drums (2005–present)
- Scott Lewis – lead vocals (2005-present)
- Cory Arford – guitars (2007–present)
- Fred Calderon – bass guitar (2007–present)
- Jordan Lockrey – guitars (2013–present)
- Dead in My Arms (2007)
- The Diseased and the Poisoned (2008)
- Hell Chose Me (2010)
- Until I Feel Nothing (2011)
- Die Without Hope (2014)
This Band Provides examples of:
- Anti-Love Song: Dead in My Arms was flooded with this as the lyrical theme.
- Big Fun: Cory Arford is quite large.
- Brutal Death Metal: Dead in My Arms leans quite a bit towards this.
- Blackened Death Metal: Has elements of this, most notably on Until I Feel Nothing.
- Cover Version: "Angel of Death" by Slayer.
- Disproportionate Retribution: The music video has a guy beating up his ex with a crowbar...just for cheating on him.
- Emo Teen: Surprisingly averted considering their fanbase.
- Last Chorus Slow Down: The ending of "Hell Chose Me", along with a breakdown.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Solid 10
- Nightmare Face: The Diseased And The Poisoned's album art.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism: Very cynical.