), born October 3 1984 is an actress and singer (2001-present) and also younger sister to Jessica Simpson
To much of the world however, she is known for the infamous Saturday Night Live
performance where she was caught lip-synching in front of millions of people at home, and then proceeded to do a hoe-down for some bizarre reason
. She is also an actress, with her best-known role being Violet Foster in the Melrose Place
was married to Fall Out Boy
's Pete Wentz and has a son named Bronx Mowgli.DiscographySelected Filmography
- 7th Heaven - Cecilia Smith (2002-2004)
- The Ashlee Simpson Show (2004-2005)
- Melrose Place - Violet Foster (2009-2010)
- Undiscovered - Cela (2005)
Tropes associated with this singer include:
- Aloof Younger Sister.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Played straight in Rule Breaker
- Be Yourself: Love Me for Me, Nothing New, Autobiography, What I've Become, Catch Me As I Fall and Say Goodbye as a few examples.
- Bowdlerization: Fac'ade in Bittersweet World is covered up. Motherfucking is also bleeped on Rule Breaker.
- Break Up Song: Love Makes the World Go Round, Rag Doll, Undiscovered, I Am Me, No Time For Tears, Say Goodbye, and Little Miss Obsessive
- Days of the Week Song: "Pieces Of Me"
- Darker and Edgier - She's marketed as the slightly edgier alternative to Jessica Simpson's bubblegum pop.
- Genre Roulette: Bittersweet World runts the gauntlet of Rap, RNB, Dance and duet based pop rock.
- Fading into the Next Song: What I've Become-Hot Stuff on Bittersweet World.
- Hidden Depths - Although her level of talent has been questioned, she remains to this day the youngest student accepted to the American Ballet Company. She was accepted before Jessica hit it big, as well.
- Hide Your Lesbians - It is rumored that her character in Undiscovered was originally supposed to be a lesbian before her father stepped in and demanded it changed.
- Intercourse with You: La La, Kicking and Screaming, Burning Up, Coming Back For More.
- New Sound Album: Bittersweet World used some R&B samples and laid back grooves.
- Neoclassical Punk Zydeco Rockabilly: As mentioned above Bittersweet World mixed her rock beginnings with dance, rnb and lounge sounds.
- Overprotective Dad: Sharing a dad with Jessica Simpson
- Shotgun Wedding: Formerly to Pete Wentz formerly of Fall Out Boy.
- Silly Love Songs: In Another Life, Never Dream Alone, Endless Summer, Pieces Of Me
- Take That: Bittersweet World, the song towards Hollywood...and What I've Become to people who dislike her evolution over time..
- Shadow to her parents to side lining her in favour of Jessica.
- Tsundere: The idea behind her debut album, especially songs like "Love Me For Me", "Autobiography" and "Surrender", but it's always an element of her music.
- Stage Dad: Shared it with Jessica Simpson.
- The Lad-ette: Rule Breaker and Autobiography indicate this. Also how she was invented as the Anti-Jessica Simpson.
- Rock Star Song: Bittersweet World, essentially.