open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- This happens repeatedly between Jin and Mugen in Samurai Champloo.
- Parodied in Hsu and Chan. When the titular Tanaka brothers encounter their lifelong rivals, Akira Yamamoto and his father, each of them says "YOU!" at least once, prompting a passerby to say, "...me?" Chan slaps him upside the head and shoos him away so the confrontation can begin in earnest.
- In Peace of Our World this is Harry and Voldemort's reaction to discovering that they were set up with each other on a blind date.
Films — Animation
- Variation in The Lion King: Nala tries to hunt down Pumbaa, but Simba comes to rescue. They start a badass lion fight for some seconds, then Simba loses again and says "Nala!?"
- In Aladdin, when the guards find Aladdin and Jasmine, they both say "They're after me! They're after you?!"
- In The Polar Express, the Hero Boy and the Know-It-All Kid have this reaction when they find each other in Santa's sack of presents.
- The bar brawl version is known as the "Double Andrew" on the Discworld, and is worth quite a lot of points. Bar brawls in Ankh-Morpork have become somewhat formalized.
- Something similar to this happens in the Doctor Who episode "Partners in Crime", in which the Doctor and Donna meet for a second time—except they do it in mime, through a window.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer demonstrates this (albeit silently) with Buffy and Riley in "Hush".
- In Kamen Rider Double, Shotaro is having a friendly conversation with another patron at the barber shop. They keep just missing getting to see each other's faces for some time. When Shotaro realizes he's been chatting with The Dragon, we get the following as the poor owner can only look on in confusion:
Kirihiko/Nazca Dopant: You!
Kirihiko: Let's take this outside!
- From Teen Titans: Trouble in Tokyo:
Cyborg & Beast Boy: (screeching halt) Who's chasing you?!?
Beast Boy: Girls!
- Humorous example in Family Guy, involving Brian, his estranged son, and a bag of pot.
"My pot! ...your pot?!"
- Samurai Jack and The Scotsman give us this one when the Bounty Hunters appear.
"They're after me! After you?! They're after me!"
- Exaggerated in Adventure Time:
Two Fire Elementals: You! You!Two Different Fire Elementals: Double you! Double you!