open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Rurouni Kenshin
Kaoru cooking? Is it a sign of the apocalypse?
- Finding the Truth:
It was one thing to see the opposing houses being less aggressive the night before. It was another to see them enjoying breakfast together and at least attempting to be civil towards one another. Harry had a feeling that most of the seventh years at this point were wondering when the apocalypse started and how they missed it.
- In Long Live the Queen Harry and Hermione spend the summer before fifth year helping Sirius with a research project instead of helping clean Grimmauld Place, which disgruntles most of the Weasley children.
Only Ron's quietly telling them that it was important got them to back down. After all, if Ron thought research in the library was important, the end of the world must be nigh.
- The Announcement:
Seriously, what was wrong with that day? Surely her feeling this amount of positive feelings towards Zabini was a sign of the apocalypse.
- Jedi Potter:
The morning of the third, Harry woke and prepared for his morning’s run. Hermione long used to his training, joined him, and to his surprise, all the students were waiting outside when he left the castle...even Ron, which Harry privately thought was a portent of the apocalypse!
- The Curator Chronicles:
George: Personal research projects being done by a first year... What is the world coming to?
Fred: The end of the world must be nearing.
- In This Means War Sirius offers to help Remus research a possible werewolf cure and Harry disappears.
Harry: Is it safe to come out?
Ron: Err, where are you?
Harry: Under the bed. Padfoot wanting to study is one of the signs of the Apocalypse.
- Two Shall Be As One:
On Sunday morning as the Gryffindors headed for their table in the Great Hall an unusual sight met their eyes. Hermione Granger was there with Potter and Weasley as usual, but without a book! Was the world about to come to an end?
- Unlocking Harry's Dress Code:
Harry: You're my 11 o'clock? And you're neither in chains nor apparently pissed off over some triviality … has the apocalypse started, then?
Draco: Not yet, but I'm sure something could be arranged just to please you. Would you prefer a general Armageddon, or does it have to be a true Götterdämmerung?
- The Girl Who Loved:
Ami was not paying attention in class. Ami, the smartest, most studious girl Usagi ever met, was ignoring her teacher. She had failed to raise her hand for a question three times in a row. Had the end of the world arrived early?
- Let the Game Begin:
Harry: [Draco Malfoy] called me delusional.
Ron: What's worse is for a minute there I was ready to agree with him.
Neville: Oh the world is going to end. Ron agreed with not only a Slytherin but a Malfoy to boot.
- In A Different Professor Fred and George are at Platform 9 & 3/4 long before the rest of the Weasleys.
Hermione: What are you two doing here? Is the world ending or something?
Harry: That's what I said.
- The Nanny
Miss Fine and Miss Babcock walking arm in arm. Isn't that one of the biblical signs of the apocalypse?
- Rescue Me episode "Bitch".
Oh, sh*t. Sean Garrity readin' a book. That's the first sign of the apocalypse.
- Point Pleasant episode "Hell Hath No Fury Like a Woman Choked"
Well, you're falling in love. It's not one of the 7 signs of the Apocalypse. ... Is it?
- Puppets Who Kill episode "Dash the Greeter"
My God, no more attention. This is like one of the signs of the Apocalypse.
- Smallville, unwittingly making a Pun:
- In the final season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer they point to the band playing in the Bronze (Nerf Herder, a song from whom also provided the theme tune throughout the series) as a sign of the Apocalypse. At the same time as a lot of rather more conventional signs of the apocalypse are occurring.
- Family Ties:
Alex: She's right. I'm wrong, and Mallory's right. The world is ending!
- In 30 Rock, Kenneth has been convinced by a reverand that the apocalypse is going to happen soon. The other writers decide to mess with him, and tell him that they saw four flaming horses ride by. Kenneth says that the reverand told him that super-gay horses are one of the signs of the apocalypse.
- A weekly piece in Sports Illustrated is a "Sign Of The Apocalypse", which lists some mind-boggling or otherwise "Ugh, really?" sports-related event (not necessarily in an actual game) that happened recently (relative to the date of the issue). For example, the January 21, 2013 issue had the story of a prostitutes' advocacy group in Belo Horizonte, Brazil who was offering free English classes so that local prostitutes would be prepared for the increase in traffic for the 2014 World Cup.
- From Pearls Before Swine.
Rat: What is true happiness?...How does a dumb pig like you answer a question like that?
Pig: I think happiness is finding an extra couple of french fries at the bottom of the bag.
Rat: ...Pig made sense. The apocalypse is upon us.
- From Out There:
Chuck: Does this seem like a particularly awkward silence?
James: Dude, Miriam's not saying anything. It's the end times, man.
- From Penny and Aggie, when the two leads put their Betty and Veronica rivalry behind them and become friends:
But it can't be the Apocalypse today, the Mayan calendar says...
- In Sinfest, Slick's politeness inspires this in Monique.
- Humorously used in an episode of The Fairly OddParents!. Timmy gets an "A", which causes the other students to panic, thinking it's the end of the world since he's normally a terrible student. Crocker thought Timmy had help from his fairy godparents. Timmy actually aced the test out of sheer luck. He marked the answers in a way that made a drawing.
- She-Ra: Princess of Power:
Hordak: The end of the world is upon us, Grizzlor has had an idea!
- Justice League Unlimited, in the Grand Finale, when Flash learns that the Martian Manhunter is married:
"These are the end times".