open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Rurouni Kenshin
Kaoru cooking? Is it a sign of the apocalypse?
- Finding the Truth:
It was one thing to see the opposing houses being less aggressive the night before. It was another to see them enjoying breakfast together and at least attempting to be civil towards one another. Harry had a feeling that most of the seventh years at this point were wondering when the apocalypse started and how they missed it.
- In Long Live the Queen Harry and Hermione spend the summer before fifth year helping Sirius with a research project instead of helping clean Grimmauld Place, which disgruntles most of the Weasley children.
Only Ron's quietly telling them that it was important got them to back down. After all, if Ron thought research in the library was important, the end of the world must be nigh.
- The Blood Curse:
Several of them were campaigning heavily behind the idea that the Potions Master’s perpetual ‘cat who ate the canary’ smirk was a sign of the apocalypse.
- The Nanny
Miss Fine and Miss Babcock walking arm in arm. Isn't that one of the biblical signs of the apocalypse?
- Rescue Me episode "Bitch".
Oh, sh*t. Sean Garrity readin' a book. That's the first sign of the apocalypse.
- Point Pleasant episode "Hell Hath No Fury Like a Woman Choked"
Well, you're falling in love. It's not one of the 7 signs of the Apocalypse. ... Is it?
- Puppets Who Kill episode "Dash the Greeter"
My God, no more attention. This is like one of the signs of the Apocalypse.
- Smallville, unwittingly making a Pun:
- In the final season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer they point to the band playing in the Bronze (Nerf Herder, a song from whom also provided the theme tune throughout the series) as a sign of the Apocalypse. At the same time as a lot of rather more conventional signs of the apocalypse are occurring.
- Family Ties:
Alex: She's right. I'm wrong, and Mallory's right. The world is ending!
- In 30 Rock, Kenneth has been convinced by a reverand that the apocalypse is going to happen soon. The other writers decide to mess with him, and tell him that they saw four flaming horses ride by. Kenneth says that the reverand told him that super-gay horses are one of the signs of the apocalypse.
- A weekly piece in Sports Illustrated is a "Sign Of The Apocalypse", which lists some mind-boggling or otherwise "Ugh, really?" sports-related event (not necessarily in an actual game) that happened recently (relative to the date of the issue). For example, the January 21, 2013 issue had the story of a prostitutes' advocacy group in Belo Horizonte, Brazil who was offering free English classes so that local prostitutes would be prepared for the increase in traffic for the 2014 World Cup.
- From Pearls Before Swine.
Rat: What is true happiness?...How does a dumb pig like you answer a question like that?
Pig: I think happiness is finding an extra couple of french fries at the bottom of the bag.
Rat: ...Pig made sense. The apocalypse is upon us.
- From Out There:
Chuck: Does this seem like a particularly awkward silence?
James: Dude, Miriam's not saying anything. It's the end times, man.
- From Penny and Aggie, when the two leads put their Betty and Veronica rivalry behind them and become friends:
But it can't be the Apocalypse today, the Mayan calendar says...
- In Sinfest, Slick's politeness inspires this in Monique.
- Humorously used in an episode of The Fairly OddParents. Timmy gets an "A", which the other students panic thinking it's the end of the world since he's normally a terrible student. Crocker thought Timmy had help from his fairy godparents. Timmy actually aced the test out of sheer luck. He marked the answers in a way that made a drawing.
- She-Ra: Princess of Power
Hordak: The end of the world is upon us, Grizzlor has had an idea!
- Justice League Unlimited, in the grand finale, when Flash learns that the Martian Manhunter is married:
These are the end times.