open/close all folders
- Happens in the Queen Latifa flick Last Holiday.
- Part of the maze which Niobe has to navigate to ask the Magician a question (he is in Hell) takes place in one of these in the Incarnations of Immortality novel "A Tangled Skein"
- Our Miss Brooks: In "Skis In The Classroom", Miss Brooks ends up skiing downhill without knowing how to ski. Miss Brooks ends her ski with a very ill advised maneuver; skiing toward a tree, grabbing onto the branches and forcing a stop!
- Two levels in Yoshi's Island are based around this, the second one being a Nintendo Hard Bonus Level.
- The entire Snowboard Kids series.
- The Activision Atari 2600 video game Skiing is based on this.
- Several mini-games in the various Mario Party games take place on such slopes (including one where you have to try to outrun a Human Snowball).
- As seen in the page image above, the entire point of the classic Windows game SkiFree.
- The Macintosh also had its own skiing games, notably MacSki and Ingemar's Skiing Game.
- And of the second half of Horace Goes Skiing (the first half is a Frogger clone).
- Sonic the Hedgehog does this frequently, except usually using a snowboard instead. Still loads of stuff to dodge though. White Acropolis in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) is notable for HORRIBLE controls and jumping being almost impossible to pull off.
- This is the entire point of SSX 2012; Team SSX is on a race against a rival team to conquer the deadliest mountains. While they all have elements of this kind of course, the first Deadly Decent takes the cake: TREES.
- One of the mini-games in Tiny Toon Adventures: Wild and Wacky Sports involves Buster and his friends skiing down a mountain.
- SpongeBob SquarePants does something related with snowboarding, on a sand mound, using his tongue as board.
- The Simpsons does this. Homer tries to remember an important lesson about skiing his skiing instructor taught him, but he can only remember Flanders in a skin-tight suit.
- On Futurama, Prof. Farnsworth is seen skiing while fast asleep. By the time he arrives at the ski lodge and wakes up, he apparently entered a skiing competition and won third place. (According to Word of God (via DVD commentary) having him come in first would have been too implausible.)
- The Classic Disney Short "The Art of Skiing" has Goofy doing all kinds of variations of this, most memorably accidentally skiing backwards.
- Rocko goes skiing at a ski lodge. He's not very good at it. Hilarity Ensues.
- ReBoot has a Santa Claus User play one of these. Enzo gets to kill him with a large icicle.
- There's an episode of Adventures from the Book of Virtues in which Annie was challenged by a trio of bigger kids called the Wolf Pack to ski with them in a race. Upon hearing this, Zach tries to talk her out, telling her that it's too dangerous to ski with the trio. However, Annie doesn't listen to him; she sprains her ankle by accident while skiing with the Wolf Pack.
- In Shaun the Sheep, the Farmer uses his house as an outdoor-indoor obstacle course, complete with tripping over the gutter and crashing into his furniture and cat!