Whenever a guy is gambling, you can tell he's winning because there are sexy ladies on either side of him.
—and the turning of his luck is easily conveyed via a few disapproving glances from the ladies. When they leave, you know what's happened.
These girls may be dressed like tramps, showgirls, or even classy ladies, but they are always
good looking and seem to materialize out of nowhere.
Anime and Manga
Live Action TV
- Diamonds Are Forever. A man is gambling at a Las Vegas casino with a beautiful woman named Plenty O'Toole at his side. Unfortunately he loses all his money, so she dumps him and latches on to James Bond.
- Seen in the first Iron Man movie, when Tony is playing craps (instead of accepting an award, like he was supposed to be)
- Happens in Rush Hour when Chris Tucker's character is gambling.
- In Get Shorty, the character Leo is a schlub who faked his death and fled to Vegas with insurance money. While there, he becomes an extraordinarily lucky gambler and is surrounded by these.
- Reid picks up one of these in Criminal Minds as he plays video poker in a casino. He shocks her by walking away from his machine and giving her his two thousand dollar winnings when she says something that causes him to realize how to solve the case.
- In CSI, two bodies of the week were women of this kind. They were running a con to steal the bankcards and PIN of winning gamblers by hanging all over them at appropriate moments.
- The Simpsons: Bart has a Imagine Spot in the episode Round Springfield, where he receives five hundred dollars and imagines him spending it in a casino, where he is, of course surrounded by attractive women. In his imagination he loses however, causing everybody to leave him instantly. Yet, despite this Downer Ending Bart still finds this idea cool.