Finding A Bra In Your Car
Man #1: "Since when have you worn an earring?"
"Ever since my wife found it in the car."
There are certain places one should expect to find a black, lacy Ann Summers bra. The glove compartment isn't one of those places. When someone does find it there, hilarity may well ensue, or a strange face at least.
See also Auto Erotica
open/close all folders
- Lana Lang once left a pair of her panties in the Kents' bedroom in a fit of jealousy when Clark refused to listen to Lana's claims that Lois was a bad wife.
Film - Live Action
- In the comedy Overboard, the haughty Rich Bitch with amnesia (Goldie Hawn) is convinced by her creditor carpenter that she's his wife in order to work off her debt. At one point, she finds her own underwear (embroidered with her real initials) stashed in his glovebox and accuses him of having an affair. The carpenter tells her the truth, but, naturally, she assumes he's trying to cover up the affair with a ridiculous story. Finally, his best friend tells her that he borrowed the truck and picked up a hooker, who left it there. When the carpenter asks his friend why he lied, the guy tells him not to screw up a good thing (not the debt but a real relationship that's developing).
- In Rat Race, Tracy finds a bra in her truck; it's from the other woman. She proceeds to cram it down her cheating boyfriend's throat.
- In Guide for the Married Man, one episode involves Terry Thomas, who had a fling with a pretty girl in his bedroom in his own home. When it was time for her to go, she couldn't find her bra. ("Maybe your wife will think it's hers," she says. He replies, looking at her ample bosom, "You must be joking." During this scene Thomas is a young looking man. It is explained that he knows the bra is in the bedroom and that it's only a matter of time before his wife finds it. The episode concludes by introducing Terry Thomas at the gym. He looks about 95. "How long ago did this happen?" "Last week."
- In a borderline-clever moment in John Tucker Must Die, the Granola Girl finds a bra in John Tucker's car and is outraged until the "100% hemp" tag tells her it's hers, apparently left behind when they were dating.
- Not shown, but Karen does express distaste at noticing someone else's undergarments in the backseat of her husband's car in Out of Africa.
- In Tricky Business, a pool cleaner recalls the time he was going to a client's house, a successful lawyer, only to find him wearing a business suit and a scuba mask, getting his clothes out from the pool where his wife was throwing them. The lawyer was yelling that this was a really smart thing to do, the wife retorting that the only thing smarter was to keep a pair of his girlfriend's panties in the car...
Live Action TV
- In an episode of The Simpsons, Milhouse's parents get back together and he gets jealous because they aren't paying him any more attention. Bart suggests using this trope after seeing it on The O.C.; unfortunately, they use one of Marge's bras which has a name tag in it, which boomerangs back around and makes Homer think Marge is cheating on him and very nearly destroys the Simpson family.