Finding A Bra In Your Car
Man #1: "Since when have you worn an earring?"There are certain places one should expect to find a black, lacy Ann Summers bra. The glove compartment isn't one of those places. When someone does find it there, hilarity may well ensue, or a strange face at least. See also Auto Erotica.
Man #2: "Ever since my wife found it in the car."
Man #2: "Ever since my wife found it in the car."
open/close all folders
- Lana Lang once left a pair of her panties in the Kents' bedroom in a fit of jealousy when Clark refused to listen to Lana's claims that Lois was a bad wife.
Film - Live Action
- In Overboard, the haughty Rich Bitch with amnesia (Goldie Hawn) is convinced by her creditor carpenter that she's his wife in order to work off her debt. At one point, she finds her own underwear (embroidered with her real initials) stashed in his glovebox and accuses him of having an affair. The carpenter tells her the truth, but, naturally, she assumes he's trying to cover up the affair with a ridiculous story. Finally, his best friend tells her that he borrowed the truck and picked up a hooker, who left it there. When the carpenter asks his friend why he lied, the guy tells him not to screw up a good thing (not the debt but a real relationship that's developing).
- In Rat Race, Tracy finds a bra in her truck; it's from the other woman. She proceeds to cram it down her cheating boyfriend's throat.
- In A Guide For The Married Man, one episode involves Terry Thomas, who had a fling with a pretty girl in his bedroom in his own home. When it was time for her to go, she couldn't find her bra. ("Maybe your wife will think it's hers," she says. He replies, looking at her ample bosom, "You must be joking." During this scene Thomas is a young looking man. It is explained that he knows the bra is in the bedroom and that it's only a matter of time before his wife finds it. The episode concludes by introducing Terry Thomas at the gym. He looks about 95. "How long ago did this happen?" "Last week."
- In a borderline-clever moment in John Tucker Must Die, the Granola Girl finds a bra in John Tucker's car and is outraged until the "100% hemp" tag tells her it's hers, apparently left behind when they were dating.
- Not shown, but Karen does express distaste at noticing someone else's undergarments in the backseat of her husband's car in Out of Africa.
- In Tricky Business, a pool cleaner recalls the time he was going to a client's house, a successful lawyer, only to find him wearing a business suit and a scuba mask, getting his clothes out from the pool where his wife was throwing them. The lawyer was yelling that this was a really smart thing to do, the wife retorting that the only thing smarter was to keep a pair of his girlfriend's panties in the car...
Live Action TV
- Ducky finds one of Agent Lee's bras in the autopsy area in NCIS. Palmer spends the rest of the episode trying to track down the matching panties.
- In another episode, Abby finds a pair of lacy pink vibrating panties in Director Shepherd's car.
- In Waterloo Road, Mr. Cleaver returns a bag to Ms. Koreshi. The bag falls on the floor, disgorging her undies from the previous night.
- That '70s Show: Eric finds undergarments (and cheese or peanut butter...) in his car the morning after his middle-aged neighbors — the parents of his girlfriend — have sex in it.
- In an episode of Two and a Half Men, Alan finds one of his mother's brassieres. However, he doesn't know whose it is until Charlie tells him.
- Kings: The secretary's bra is planted into the backseat of Jack's car so that the media will not suspect that Jack is gay.
- This frequently happens on any paternity/cheater/lie dectector test episode of Maury.
- In an episode of Scrubs, JD notices that Dr. Kelso is sporting a rather flashy earring. In a flashback, we see that Enid has found the earring and accused him of adultery, and Kelso proves that the earring is his by giving himself a very bloody impromptu piercing with the earring.
- In Freaks and Geeks, Neal finds a second, unfamiliar garage door opener in his dad's car; he and the other "geeks" spend the rest of the episode riding around town on their bikes trying it on every house they can get to.
- On One Tree Hill, Brooke changes clothes in Lucas' car. She purposely leaves a leopard-print brassiere behind.
- In an episode of Speeders, a cop found a pair of black panties in a guy's car along with a box of condoms.
- In an episode of Babylon 5, Garibaldi is searching Ambassador G'Kar's quarters and finds a pair of pink panties.
G'Kar: GET! OUT!
Garibaldi: Let me just say, from the bottom of my heart, pink is definitely your color.
- In one sketch on Kids in the Hall, a man is caught after a wild weekend when his wife finds a pair of earrings on his nightstand. He tries to pass them off as his own, saying that all the "hip" men wear earrings, going so far as to force them through his not-pierced ears. He goes to work like that, seeing a number of his male co-workers wearing, variously, a bra over his shirt, a garter belt over his pants, and... a second tie.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Joyce Summers pretends to have left her bra in her date's car after Buffy complains of the lack of passion when they departed at her door. Buffy flees upstairs.
- A Chorus Line, in "At The Ballet":
When I was five, I remember my mother dug earrings out of the car
I knew that they weren't hers, but it wasn't something you'd want to discuss
- In an episode of The Simpsons, Milhouse's parents get back together and he gets jealous because they aren't paying him any more attention. Bart suggests using this trope after seeing it on The O.C.; unfortunately, they use one of Marge's bras which has a name tag in it, which boomerangs back around and makes Homer think Marge is cheating on him and very nearly destroys the Simpson family.