As a Death Trope, all spoilers will be unmarked ahead. Beware.
open/close all folders
- Amélie: Implied. A one-shot extra crosses the name of his recently deceased friend out of his little black book at the exact same moment as the title character's conception (only the sperm entering the egg is shown).
- In Backdraft Stephen gets to send his fireman into his girlfriend's internal inferno while at that same moment, one of his fire fighter brethren is just about to be critically injured out on a call. Mightn't quite qualify as the fireman doesn't die, but the theme of fragile mortality is heavy.
- Cabin Fever:
- The second sex scene is broken up with a shot of the two lovers' friend dying of a flesh-eating disease.
- Additionally, the reason the woman seduced the man was because everybody else was dying, and if they were going to be dead soon, too, they might as well have one last screw.
- Subtle in an earlier sex scene. A man hunts squirrels with a shotgun while two other teens have sex.
- Cemetery Man features a sex scene that takes place in a cemetery, on top of a grave. To top it off, they do it right beside the fresh grave of the young woman's recently deceased husband. Subsequently turns out to be a Death By Sex scene.
- The Remake of Children of the Corn (2009) has a sex scene completely unrelated to the plot towards the end of the movie. The scene depicts an occult fertility ritual which involves two teens having sex in a church in front of all the Children Of The Corn. The scene is interspliced with scenes of the main character stumbling around a cornfield, encountering dead bodies of the cult members he'd already killed. The two scenes culminate with the hero's cries of anguish blending with the woman's orgasm screams. Strong association with Birth/Death Juxtaposition as the ceremony's explicit purpose was to impregnate the woman. This also implies Someone to Remember Him By with the film's conclusion.
- In Bram Stoker's Dracula, Jonathon Harker is seduced by three undead lady vampires, though he doesn't actually have any rigor mortus coitus because the Count himself interrupts them. The vampire ladies eat a baby instead.
- Red Dragon: The killer receives a blowjob while watching video footage of the family he plans to murder.
- Scent of a Woman: Pacino outlines his long weekend plans, the key points on his itinerary being to get laid one last time and soon after kill himself. Technically not Death by Sex, nor Out with a Bang as the sex and his death, which doesn't actually eventuate, are two separate events.
- In Swordfish, the main character is simultaneously given a blow job on orders from the master criminal, while being held at gunpoint by the same guy. He didn't die, but neither did he come.
- Taking Lives features a sex scene between a lead detective and the star witness, surrounded by crime scene photos of all the murder victims, which are shown briefly in closeup.
- Team America: World Police: The wild puppet sex scene is immediately followed by a terrorist attack in another country that kills many people.
- In Excalibur, Merlin shapeshifts Uther into a likeness of Cornwall so that he can have his way with his wife, Igrayne, while the real Cornwall is ambushed and mortally wounded by Uther's men. The camera cuts back and forth between the bedroom where Uther is sating his lust for Igrayne, and the battle field where Cornwall lies dying.
- Enter the Void juxtaposes the protagonist's death with his sister having sex with the strip club owner.
- In Dave President Mitchell is having sex with one of his secretaries, has a massive stroke and collapses atop her.
- Vet Hard: Katja and Koen cuddling in bed post-sex is intercut with Mast going into cardiac arrest and getting CPR.
- In The Grapes of Wrath, Connie (a guy) and Rose of Sharon have sex on the last leg of their ride into California. When they arrive they discover that Grandma Joad has died, and Rose of Sharon is horrified to realize the two events happened at the same time.
- In A Brother's Price, Mother Elder Whistler was in bed with her husband Tullen the night before he fell down the stairs and died. At least she has Someone to Remember Him By, which is quite the big deal in the setting, as men are rare and hard to come by, and it is the last child she'll ever have if she doesn't want to risk to catch an STD.
- In A Song of Ice and Fire, Edmure Tully is Distracted by the Sexy while bedding his new wife Roslin Frey as the Red Wedding occurs just down the hall, the Freys proceeding to wipe out Robb Stark, his mother, his dog, and his bannermen.
Live Action Television
- Castle: Vaguely. In one episode, the prime suspect's alibi for his best friend's murder is the confession that he was having sex with the victim's wife at the time.
- True Blood juxtaposes Sam making love to Luna with his brother Tommy taking a fatal beating on Sam's behalf from Luna's jealous ex-husband.
- The Teaser of one CSI episode intercut the murder of the week with Catherine having mad passionate sex with her then-boyfriend Detective Lou Vartann.
- In the seventh episode of How to Get Away with Murder, Wes and Rebecca have sex for the first time. At the same time — and the scene cuts back and forth so you don't forget it — Lila Stangard's body is exhumed and a second autopsy is performed on her.
- Fahrenheit features a sex scene in which the man is essentially a walking corpse (unknown to the woman). Heightened by the fact that the woman is talking about humanity's probable immanent extinction just before they do the deed. Almost an "Out with a Bang" or "A Great Way To Go", except neither of the lovers seem resigned to dying and in point of fact, neither of them do.