A type of transformation in which, most likely due to a curse, spell or potion, portions of your body start to turn into that of a creature until the whole body changed. The order can very depending on what animal or on the work. Often happens to a Baleful Polymorph
- The picture image comes from Pinocchio, in which bad boys turn into donkeys in this manner. The ears change first, followed by the tail sprouting from the back. This is followed by the head, arms and legs changing before the final stage of losing their ability to speak.
- Pinocchio and the Emperor of the Night has the infamous scene where Pinocchio is turned back into a puppet with different parts of his body become lifeless wood. Unsurprisingly, this scene is usually trimmed or cut from TV airings.
- Possibly a Shout-Out to the above, Kuzco's transformation into a llama in The Emperor's New Groove. The ears change first, then his neck changes, followed by his right hand, face and left hand. We don't see anything below the waist however.
- Beauty and the Beast: Happens at the end when the Beast returns to his human form. The Enchanted Christmas shows a flashback showing the prince's transformation into a beast.
- In The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, this happens to Wallace.
- In Bartok the Magnificent, Ludmilla drinks a potion that amplifies your inner self ten times and slowly transforms into a dragon.
- Happens a lot in Fan-Art with characters both original and existing.
- The Adventures of Pinocchio and most film/TV adaptations have this where Pinocchio and the other boys turn into donkeys, usually with the ears first.
- Although using a shorter time frame than most examples, shapeshifting in Animorphs works this way. For added fun, the process is randomized every time.
- Godai initially transforms into Kuuga this way, until he figures out his henshin pose, in Kamen Rider Kuuga.
- In The Cartoon Man, Roy transforms into a humanoid cartoon character bit by bit, beginning with his gloves, then his hair, and finally his eyes.
- American Dragon Jake Long: In a variation of this trope, Jake and Hayley can willingly change certain body parts into that of a dragon's for whatever situation.
- The Life and Times of Juniper Lee: In "Oh Brother, What Art Thou", Ray-Ray becomes a dragon this way. First, his hands and feet enlarge, followed by a tail growing. We don't see anymore after that and he's a full dragon the next time we see him.
- Happens in Turbo Teen whenever Brett turns into a car and back.
- The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy episode "Sickly Sweet" has Grim put a spell on Mandy that would cause her to gradually turn into a donkey/dragon hybrid when she acted mean.
- "Grim for a Day" has Grim and Billy turn into each other this way.