Literature: Shifters Series
This is a series of books written by Rachel Vincent featuring Faythe Sanders, a werecat, and her odd self-pity assertions and doubts. She is a little selfish but a good character to read about.Books in the Series:
Provides the following tropes:
- Action Girl: Faythe certainly is this at times, mostly in cat form.
- Animal Eyes
- Captive Date: When Faythe is abducted by Miguel and crew.
- Domino Revelation: While there are not werewolves par say, there are Thunderbirds, were-bears, mystics, and all manner of the supernatural silently slinking in the background of the world.
- Healing Factor: All werecats heal faster then humans, but not as super naturally fast as you would expect.
- Instant Sedation: It happens to often it seems, for a supposedly supernatural healing factor it sure is weak vs. poison it seems.
- Our Werebeasts Are Different: Werecats
- Gender Rarity Value: Female werecats are very rare, with only 1 in 5 werecats born being female and there being only 8 unmarried females in the entire United States.
- Rape as Drama
- Shapeshifter: Faythe is a werecat after all.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: The werecats can change at will.
- Shapeshifter Baggage: Averted, they stay the same basic size, weight, and mass.
- Urban Fantasy
- Violence Is the Only Option