Literature: Shatter Me
Shatter Me is a Young Adult novel written by Tahereh Mafi. It centers on 17 year old Juliette, who was thrown into a cell for murder because her touch is fatal. The world outside is falling apart and The Reestablishment - the group who promised to change that - is struggling to keep order. So they decide to use Juliette as their weapon and she must make a choice: be a weapon or be a warrior.Shatter Me is the first book in the trilogy, followed by Unravel Me and Ignite Me. There are also two shorter novellas, Fracture Me (told from Adam's perspective) and Destroy Me (narrated by Warner).Needs Wiki Magic Love.
Shatter Me shows examples of:
- Awesome McCoolname: Author Tahereh Mafi. And that is her real name.
- Bad Powers, Good People: Juliette can kill people with her touch, but she's determined to live a normal life and not use her power to harm anyone unless provoked.
- Blond Guys Are Evil: Warner. Very much so.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Kenji is heard but not seen talking to Adam a few chapters before he makes he's entrance in Chapter 35.
- Elaborate Underground Base: Omega Point, created by Castle to be a place for people with gifts to gather and plan a rebellion against the Reestablishment.
- Finishing Each Other's Sentences: Sonya and Sara, tend to do this a lot, along with speaking in unison.
- Green Eyes: Warner.
- Plucky Comic Relief: Kenji.
- Tagalong Kid: Adam's younger brother James.
- Wham Line: Unravel Me gives us My father. This man is my father.