Night of the Dragon is a novel by Richard A. Knaak and was released on November 18, 2008 — five days after the release of World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King. It is a follow-up to the novel Day of the Dragon, and also provides insight into events leading up to Wrath of the Lich King.
This work contains examples of:
- Artifact of Doom: The Demonsoul.
- Author Avatar: Rhonin.
- Big Bad: Dargonax.
- Crossesthe Line Twice: Kalec tells Iridi that Krasus doesn't care who he has to sacrifice in his missions. Krasus gives him a look that makes the other dragon take a step back, and tells him that he remembers each and every life that he has been forced to sacrifice, and if his death would being them back he'd do it in a heartbeat.
- Deadpan Snarker: Rhonin calls Sinestra 'one of his (Deathwing's) prime bitches' to her face, momentarily making her lose her cool.
- Expy: Vereesa Windrunner is effectively a Pre-Undead Sylvannas.
- Not too hard to believe. They are sisters.
- Fantastic Racism: Zendarin Windrunner.
- Vereesa is staggeringly hypocritical and unsympathetic here, disdaining the disgusting 'Blood Elves' despite most of them being her kin and admitting herself that she'd probably have joined them if it weren't for Rhonin.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Rhonin and Vereesa's kids.
- Interspecies Romance: Rhonin and Vereesa.
- Killed Off for Real: Iridi
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Sinestra.
- Oh, Crap!: when the twilight dragons attack the seemingly easy targets of a priestess and a mage, they find themselves facing one of the most powerful dragons alive, who doesn't take kindly to others trying to attack his friends.
- Roaring Rampageof Revenge: When Dargonax attacks Iridi, Zzeraku goes berserk and attacks, despite the other dragon being much larger and stronger.