Peter Drucker: A legendary figure in business management and often referred to as its very father. His book management has been referred to as the Bible of contemporary businessmen. This is the story of a high school girl who takes an ordinary baseball team to the summer nationals with Management in hand.Moshi Kōkō Yakyū no Joshi Manager ga Dorakkā no "Management" o Yondara ("What if the Female Manager of a High School Baseball Team Read Drucker's Management?"). Originally a business novel by Natsumi Iwasaki, Moshidora was adapted to a 10-part anime, animated by Production I.G, to be aired by NHK in the Spring 2011 season. The story is about Minami, a girl who decides to manage her school's baseball team using the principles of Drucker's Management, after her best friend Yuki (the original manager) falls gravely sick.There is also a live-action film, which was released on June 4, 2011.
Moshidora contains examples of:
- Actor Allusion: Minami played Romeo when she was younger. Good thing she wasn't shy.
- Coming-of-Age Story
- Cryptic Conversation: A conversation between Minami and Yuki starts off as general baseball team talk then gradually Yuki's tone and words grow more and more ominous. Yuki then dies later on, sealing the fact she was aware her time was growing short.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Cute Sports Club Manager: Yuki was one before being hospitalized. Minami takes over and becomes one.
- Get A Hold Of Yourself Man!: Minami starts going off on a tyraid about how horrible of a person she is following Yuki's death, forcing Jiro to slap her.
- Hard Work Montage: The team's training sessions are shown. It is a baseball show, after all.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Minami breaks down after Yuki's death. Ayano of all people manages to break her out of it.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: Starts with "Minami" followed by what she learns about business.
- Ill Girl: Yuki. She does NOT get better.
- Look Behind You: Ayano pulls this off on Minami in order to avoid answering Minami's questions.
- Overly Long Title: That's why most call it Moshidora.
- Sailor Fuku
- Save Our Team: One of the reasons Minami became a manager.
- Serious Business: Baseball team management, of course.
- Shrinking Violet: Ayano
- Verbal Tic: Ayano can't seem to start an utterance without "Eh? Ah... hai."
- Wham Episode: Episode 9 - Yuki's death.