Literature: Dragon In Distress
A Dragon-in-Distress! A kidnapping princess! A knight on a rescue mission! A magic wand! An enchanted sword! Thrills! Chills! Comedy! An online short story by E. G. Castle.
Dragon-in-Distress contains examples of:
- Accidental Misnaming: George, of Princess Florinara Tansimasa Qasilava Delagordune’s name. Hard to blame him.George: Princess Floryana Tangymisa Quaslity Derlagordoop-
- Fair’s fair, he gets it right the second time.
- Argument of Contradictions: Princess Florinara Tansimasa Qasilava Delagordune and Drafir get into an argument over whether Sir George would use force against a girl. (He would.)
- Cool Sword: George has one, using it to deflect magic.
- Do Not Call Me Paul: Subversion. Princess Florinara Tansimasa Qasilava Delagordune insists that at all times she be called by her full name.
- Dragons Prefer Princesses: Subverted, it’s Princess Florinara Tansimasa Qasilava Delagordune who wants the dragon.
- Fractured Fairy Tale: Of the old ‘knight rescuses princess from dragon’. Instead, a knight rescues a dragon from a princess.
- Happily Ever After: Thee ‘happily ever after’ phrase is said at the end, as George and Drafir were flying off to freedom, followed by:Narration Quote: ...Or at least until Sir George fell off and broke his leg.
- Ironic Name: Sir George. -As in St. George and the Dragon. The specific irony is that Sir George is trying to rescue his dragon.
- Magic Wand: Princess Florinara Tansimasa Qasilava Delagordune has one, using it against George.
- Overly Long Name: Princess Florinara Tansimasa Qasilava Delagordune.
- Royal Brat: Princess Florinara Tansimasa Qasilava Delagordune, easily. Screams and complains to her father about wanting a dragon, kidnaps one, refuses to give it back, cries when defeated, is annoyed that Sir George and Drafir ignore her crying... Credit where credit’s due, however: she did manage to successfully capture a dragon.
- Would Hit a Girl: Oddly enough, the knight, Sir George. You’d’ve thought his knightly vows would have prevented him, but nope.
- Doesn't actually hit Princess Florinara Tansimasa Qasilava Delagordune though.