Lampshade Hanging: Animated Films
Lampshades hung in animated film.
- In Blue's Clues: Blue's Big Musical Adventure, Steve finally says "why don't I ever find the clues first?"
- In Ratatouille, Remy the Rat finds out that he can control Linguini's actions by pulling on his hair like a puppeteer. When Remy experiments with this unlikely technique, Linguini notes with amusement, "That's strangely involuntary."
- Looney Tunes: Back in Action attempts to shrug off Product Placement by lampshading it. The heroes, lost in a desert, find a Wal-Mart, after which Daffy Duck proceeds to spout out half a dozen product names which he wants to buy, even remarking that he gets free drinks every time he says "Wal-Mart". One of the human characters remarks that "I think that at this point the viewers won't even notice anything abnormal in the scene."
Bugs Bunny: Nice of Wal-Mart to give us these Wal-Mart beverages in exchange for saying "Wal-Mart" so many times.
- Numerous times in The Emperor's New Groove:
Rudy: The others! I almost forgot! Th-They're about to elect Yzma emperor!Kronk: I never knew that was an elective office.
- Early on, Kronk pulls the wrong one of two levers at the entrance to Yzma's lair, dropping Yzma into the crocodile pool below and prompting her to remark "Why do we even HAVE that lever?" as she walks back to the entrance dripping wet and with a crocodile trailing by her clothing. Later, the same fate befalls Kuzco when he and Pacha are trying to get into the lab, with the line "Why does she even HAVE that lever?"
- When Kuzco and Pacha do get into Yzma's lair, they then find that she's already inside with the potion they were looking for, despite her and Kronk being delayed on the way to the palace. Kuzco wonders how she arrived before them; unable to answer, she asks Kronk the same question. Kronk pulls down the map that was previously shown to the audience to indicate the delay and declares "You got me. By all accounts, it doesn't make sense."
- Even more later, as Yzma falls hundreds of feet from the palace, a royal guard tells a delivery guy who has inexplicably brought a soon-to-be-salvational trampoline to that exact spot, "For the last time, we did not order a giant trampoline!" The deliverer responds "You know, pal, you could have told me that before I set it up."
- "What are the odds of that trap door leading me here?"
- And then in the sequel:
- In Springtime with Roo, Tigger observes Rabbit's change of heart and asks "What the dickens (*looks to camera* and I mean Dickens) is going on here?".
- In Superman vs. the Elite, there's a scene where Supes is apparently blown up with the force of (according to Coldcast) fifteen supernovas, leaving nothing behind but a piece of his cape. This leads Manchester to state "How is that no matter how badly you massacre one of these thong-and-blanket types, some shred of their unmentionables still survives the blast?"
- In Justice League: Doom, Superman suggests a way to protect the earth from destruction.
Superman: Maybe I can move the earth out of the way?Batman: If we had a week, I couldn't list all the reasons that won't work.
- In Resident Evil: Degeneration, Claire uses an umbrella that bares the exact same red-and-white alternating pattern as the Umbrella Corporation logo as a makeshift weapon, and states, "Huh. Never saw this coming."
- In The LEGO Movie, Princess Unikitty contradicts herself when reeling out a list of rules after explicitly saying that Cloud Cuckooland was a place of no rules. Wyldstyle points this out, with which Unikitty responds, "and no consistency!"