Image Links: Nightmare Fuel
aka: High Octane Nightmare Fuel
: This page contains images that are very likely
to cause you to lose sleep
. Do not
go into these links expecting more stuff like the Terminator. Those of a nervous disposition may want to leave and not click any of the links below
. Don't say we didn't warn you.
for Accidental Nightmare Fuel images.
NOTE-IF YOU ARE EASILY FRIGHTENED, READ THE SPOILER TAG DESCRIPTIONS FIRST!
- The original page image, "Not Scary At All", for the "Nightmare Fuel" page back when it used to mean Accidental Nightmare Fuel and High Octane Nightmare Fuel was another trope entirely.◊ Reuploaded in order to fit the site's new image-width standards.
- Ladies and gentlemen, I represent to you one of the single most unsettling pieces of "art" ever◊ A humanoid being with a hollowed out mask, photography done in black and grey. Much. Worse. Than. It. Sounds. From the movie Begotten.'
- Michael Jackson and Mr Noseybonk's love child, known on the internet as Jeff the Killer. ◊ A picture of a person's unnaturally pale face, disturbing smile, and round eyes, LOOKING DIRECTLY AT YOU
- Now that's what I call a jaw-dropping picture...◊ (A photo of Mr. Face, one of the four monsters found in Amnesia: The Dark Descent.)
- The face◊ from Inland Empire. (Close-up of subtly distorted woman's face showing most of her teeth.)
- SMILE.DOG◊ - original flavour! (Shadowy picture of a husky with a demonic grin, with a faint, barely visible bloody hand in the background.)
- SMILE.DOG◊ - extra spicy! (Similarly grinning dog but showing literally all its teeth - also rather disturbing color balance.)
- On the subject, here is the supposed "real" picture.◊ (Similar to the first, but in a greener shade, and appears to be placed on a glass panel, also a more prominent view of the hand in the background)
- SMILE.DOG◊ - In all-new little girl flavor! (Girl's face with the all-the-teeth grin of the "extra spicy" dog - thankfully black-and-white.)
- Let's just call her a demon lady◊. (Old woman's face with a yawning cat's teeth and tongue photoshopped in disturbingly well.)
- Cannibal Ronald◊. (Person in Ronald McDonald costume holding an indistinct severed limb with another on the ground - disturbing more for the implications of Cannibal Ronald than for actual gore.)
- Spider Hell◊ - not safe for arachnophobes. (Presumably large (no scale provided) spider near a number of offspring.)
- The Tails Doll◊ by Comickpro. Whatever you do, don't see the animated version featured in her gallery. (Comic-style-drawn close-up of creature - rather bloody and with large eyes.)
- Scary doll!◊ (Close-up of doll-like face looking mildly decayed and with seriously-not-right eyes and teeth.)
- Creepy horse◊ which you can ride straight into hell. (Horse with three faces, giving a chimera effect.)
- "Tony"◊, the bug-eyed kid from Salad Fingers. Fan-made with love! (Bug-eyed skull with weird teeth and overly large cranium - noticeably a painted model.)
- A very lovely hoers◊, by Bronyism's own Starstruck. A man wearing a unicorn mask.
- ELLEEEWW, CLOPPIT◊ Nigel Thornberry from The Wild Thornberrys combined with a pony. It's more horrifying than funny.
- you open up your closet and find this◊ A person cosplaying as Fluttershy from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, albeit in an unconvincing outfit and with a mask containing a horrified expression.
- You will never see Squidward the same way again after seeing this◊ (Cartoon character in washed out color with large red eyes and tears of blood. Supposedly a frame from the infamous "Squidward's Suicide.")
- And a similar image◊ associated with Suicide Mouse.avi. Mickey Mouse with blood all over his face and realistic eyes.
- Here are a couple galleries (1, 2) of the illustrations Stephen Gammell made for the Scary Stories series. The undead woman and the girl from "The Red Spot" [MAJOR WARNING: body horror/spider horror (it's also described in the spoiler text coming up)] are especially notorious. (Line drawings of emaciated women - the first, well, undead, and the second with spiders coming out of a hole in her face.)
- The girl on this children's book cover◊ is just a bit . . . off. a girl who appears to be screaming, with unusually thin arms, and a pencil neck somehow covered by said arms. Her eyes are very wide apart, and she appears to either be gasping or screaming.
- You really want this guy to help with your computer?◊ A picture of Estonia from Axis Powers Hetalia, but with black/dark red eyes, grey skin, and jagged teeth
- Hey, kids! Let's play a good ol' game of find the Slender Man!◊ (Black-and-white picture of playground with rather indistinct Slender Man in background.)
- Ness... Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness, Ness... I'm h...a...p...p...y...◊ (Swirly red-on-black shape resembling a screaming face; best viewed in motion in its original context for full effect.)
- The Hands Resist Him◊. Creepy even before you read the story about how it's supposed to be haunted. Once you read the the real story, it's not so...no, actually it's still pretty creepy. (Painting of boy and doll standing at a window with hands touching it.)
- The "sequel," Resistance At the Threshold (the middle one), ramps up the creepy doll factor considerably. (Painting of older man and a larger doll with a removable face.) The third picture of the series is rather less creepy, though.
- We're like brothers, only closer.◊ (SpongeBob and Squidward as Conjoined Twins, connected by the heart.)
- The Weeping Angel◊ of Doctor Who fame. From the mind of Steven Moffat to your nightmares.
- What have you DONE?! Don't you know that the image of an angel becomes itself an angel?! You've doomed us all now!
- Silence will fall ◊
- This... childhood-shattering image of◊ Totoro... as a zombie. Pleasant dreams!
- A fair warning to tropers: The above picture is a LOT worse than it sounds. Not kidding. If you love Miyazaki, do not do this to yourself.
- Here's◊ a Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant. (A drawing of a gas station attendant with an evil grin and hidden eyes holding a gas pump.)
- An image of a girl with lotus pods photoshopped all over her arms and on her kneecaps.◊ I
- Image examples taken from music videos:
- Vampire Joker: 1◊ The Joker from Batman has fangs, a sinister smile, and blood around his mouth.
- The infamous Indonesian ghost girl◊. Floating girl dressed in black holding a doll in a corridor. Image has a stereoscopic effect; DO NOT view with 3D glasses!
- A horrible, awfully scary comic. The Bongcheon-Dong Ghost: features a woman with distended limbs, sound effects of cracking limbs and strange twisty backwards running. WARNING: The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You.
- The infamous ending to Sleepaway Camp: WARNING: NSFW (nudity)◊ A nude, adolescent man is covered in blood and holding a blade. He has a distorted face.
- This◊ beautiful young lady appears in House on Haunted Hill (1999). A humanoid creature with smooth-ish skin where her eyes and nose should be and a giant gaping mouth.
- Just keep swimming,◊ just keep swimming... The angler fish from Finding Nemo.
- This guy is demented...◊ A picture of a demented face from Naruto's Gaara before his Heel-Face Turn.
- It's a meee... Mario...◊ It's areally creepy image you can find in the creepypasta MARIO.