Webcomic: The Bongcheon-Dong Ghost
"Where's my baby...?"
The Bongcheon-Dong Ghost
is a short horror Korean Webtoon
about a nameless girl walking home after a late-night study session who meets a strange woman in the street. It doesn't go very smoothly...
Based on a "true story" and a Korean urban legend. It was written by HORANG and can be read here in English
There exists a 'prequel' (here
, also in English) about a boy who has a similar experience with another strange (but completely unrelated) woman in which he doesn't survive
- Creepy Monotone: From the ghost women.
- Driven to Suicide: How the first ghost woman died. In the second, both man and woman are assumed to have killed themselves together, but there is no connection between both.
- Downer Ending: The second comic.
- Facial Horror: The ghost woman has a distorted face, with blood dripping from her skull. Justified as it's how she died: jumping from her apartment building.
- The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You: She controls your scroll bar!
- Happy Ending: The first comic ends with the schoolgirl taken home by a neighbour who found her fainted in the park.
- The Hero Dies: In the second comic.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: The protagonist of the second short makes fun of the ghost lady at first, but then starts to feel concerned for her when he sees her get her head bashed against a wall and then subsequently fall onto the train tracks.
- Mama Bear: She's just looking for her baby...
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Turns out the second woman is being brutally beaten by an invisible hand as it struggles to drag her into the tracks.
- Railroad Tracks of Doom: The second comic.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: By the time you see them it's already too late.
- Slasher Smile: From the ghost woman, when she spots the protagonist.
- Spooky Photographs: The second comic's protagonist is informed by one of his online friends there's a hand smashing the woman's head against the wall. The same hand pops up and presumably does the same thing to the poor guy.
- Stringy-Haired Ghost Girl: Ghost woman.
- Too Dumb to Live: The main character of the second comic; see a creepy looking lady moving in a really weird manner? Clearly she must be drunk out of her mind! You should laugh at her with your internet friends!
- The Undead: The ghost women. Sort of ghosts, sort of zombies.
- Very Loosely Based on a True Story: Based on "true personal accounts" and an urban legend.
- Wham Line: From the first comic: "SHE WASN'T THERE!" (cue Jump Scare)