open/close all folders
Konata and Kagami
Though it may have happened as a byproduct of the anime adaption, the relationship between Konata and Kagami in Lucky Star seems to extend into Romantic Two-Girl Friendship territory. Somebody documented all of the subtext here...
- Or at least so the Fan Fiction writers all believe. Most of it happens in episode 8 I think: first of all Konata refers to her "friendship" with Kagami responding "don't use words like friendship" (which leads me to believe there is some subtext in the original Japanese)- the joke is that Konata just wants Kagami's purchase points- with Kagami thinking to herself "That's what she thinks friendship means". Then while on the bus they are discussing email addresses and Konata annonces her address is "iluvgirlswithglasses", (remember Miyuki?). This by itself disturbs Kagami, but then when Konata goes on to say she wanted "iluvshrinemadiens" but it was too popular, Kagami really freaks out (since she and Tsukasa are actual shrine maidens).
- In one episode, Konata goads the girls into attending an anime music concert with her. Due to her shortness, though, she ends up not being able to see anything, at which point, Kagami, noticing this, trades seats with her. Konata then appears dazzled with the performance and honestly touched by Kagami's act of kindness. On the way home the other girls comment she is being quiet. Konata dodges the comment then says to herself, "What is this feeling?"
- Kagami from the OVA, "I want to *** with Konata!"
- Evidently, Kagami Yoshimizu, the author of the manga, stated that the pairing was at least one-sided.
- There's also the scene where Kagami gives Konata some Valentine's Day chocolates, while blushing and claiming that she only made some because Tsukasa was making some.
- Konata: The fact that you worked so hard on making this even though you suck at cooking totally turns me on!
- Moderately suggested by "official" extras like Kagami's (Emiri Katou's) music CD, in which she sings rather affectionately for someone in a different class, who copies her homework and "gets emotionally moved at anime concerts."