Headscratchers: Agarest Senki
Record of Agarest War
- This troper still doesn't get why only Reverie can equip the Sons of the Sun spear. I mean, no matter how powerful the spear is, it's still a spear; theoretically, anyone can equip that spear and yet only Reverie can only hold it herself.
- It's a bug, they fixed it in ZERO.
- There is so much said on how Midas is That One Boss, yet I don't see what the big deal is, since he gave me little trouble and I also overkilled him on the first try (granted, I was playing on Easy, but still). Personally, I found the regular battles at the beginning of Generation 3 and the real final boss of Gen 3 (the Gurg) to be harder than Midas, and that still wasn't as much trouble as I had in the Final Dual Boss of Gen 2. I played the Midas fight three times, each with increasingly weaker parties (first was with my regular party, second I subbed Vira-Lorr for Faina, Winfield for Alberti, and Borgnine for Vashtor, and the third was Thoma, Ellis, and the characters I had yet to use (Sharona, Arbol, Ganz, and Plum)), and overkilled him each time. Yeah, I was on easy, but beating "That One Boss" and standing up to the dreaded Phoenix Strike with a team that's two-thirds characters with their base un-upgraded equipment and starting skills shouldn't make him as bad as everyone makes him out to be. ~Bladist
- Because Midas is the first boss to require strategic party positioning instead of lumping everyone together. If you've been neglecting that up to then (and you can) you're in for a world of hurt.
- Midas is really hard, because not only he has high regeneration and total hp, he is also the first boss to use original skills with area effect. Until then, the very best a boss can get from you is one casualty, and you could win the battles by chipping off it's health little by little, but from that point on, you can get a Total Party Kill if the team is too close to each other, and feeding SP to the boss is suicidal. This impressions come from a player that cleared the game in normal.
- The Vira-lorr boob mousepad bugs me. It's not like the game even uses a mouse.
- It's a bonus content. Just go with it. At least it will prevent you from having any Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, right?
- So, you've got a plot that requires your child to do things and 3 girls that will help to "get" one. Why can't you choose harem option and have 3 children?
- Not to mention, having a harem would have made them seal three pillars at once instead of one in the second generation. Though then again, that would be pretty confusing, gameplay wise and storyline wise considering we'd get confused as to who the protagonist is when there are three people trying to steal said protagonist spotlight.
- The thing is, the real seal are the girls, not the heir. There is little point in having more heirs, since Dyshana would still need to get more maidens in the short time they have. Not to mention, the real purpose of all those ordeals is For Chaos to see the mortals potential and decide if they can survive in the true world without the gods, or if he must wait more time.
Record of Agarest War ZERO
Record of Agarest War 2
- If Fasti revealing himself as Mobius stabbed Weiss in the beginning of the game, then how come Aina never noticed Weiss' tear in his abdominal region AND his back in the first part of the game? Unless Chaos somehow can heal clothes as well or Chaos shaped himself like Weiss.
- You can read the explanation in Complete Mobius' profile. He tried to completely seal Chaos inside Weiss' body when he stabbed both of them, but Chaos' power was too great to be contained inside his body and it blew up, wiping out the sixth continent in the process. The body Chaos and Weiss share in the first generation is a new one, created by Mobius to ensure the power would be properly sealed this time. And even with all those precautions, not even three bodies were enough to get all the power.