- In the Season 1 pilot, Carrie turning the tables on the gambling den boss by citing exact details about what one of his minions was doing when he wasn't looking.
- Al and Jay good-naturedly ribbing each other over fast cars.
- In "Line Up or Shut Up", after a chase on foot:
*Bad guy gets in his Ferrari, doesn't notice Carrie's already in the passenger seat*Carrie: Shotgun. *points gun at the suspect*'
- In "Manhunt": Jay and Al are questioning a possible suspect.
Jay: And that's when we talked to the optometrist, whose name (holds up case) is stamped, right there. You've been going to see Dr. Ashford since you were thirteen.Lawyer: This isn't how it looks.Jay: Really? Maybe we're not seeing clearly?
- In "Omega Hour":
Eliot: Carrie, may I say how lovely you look?Carrie: Oh, well thank you, Eliot.Eliot: And your plus-one.Joanne: Why, thank you, Eliot. I believe that's the closest you've ever come to delivering a genuine compliment.Eliot: Easy Jo, anything but genuine.
- In "New Hundred":
Carrie: I got you some balls. Coconut rice.Al: Give them to your new partner, Simms. He could use a pair.
(later, as Simms walks in, Al hands him the bag)
Have some balls.
- In "Cashing Out":
Al: (is miffed; Carrie is contradicting his theory of the office worker having a romance with her supervisor) Why'd you step on my affair angle? I was getting signals from her.
Carrie: You were getting signals from her? Really? Were you also getting signals from her wife?(later, same episode)Al: You really think Elliott's going to let you go undercover at an underground casino?
Carrie: Sure, of course, it's a brilliant idea. How could he say no?
- In "Throwing Shade":
Robert Bright: Your boss and I go way back. Yeah, we were once called "young punks" in the mayor's office, back in the day.Carrie: Wow, "punk" is not a word I would associate with Eliot.Robert: I have pictures.
- In "The Island", Eliot's complaints about the Tourism Board.
- In "True Identity", Eliot's remarks that one of the members of an exclusive dating group has sued the executive.
- Carrie's reaction when Eliot announces he's moving to head the FBI in Miami.
Carrie: We were just getting to the point where you realize I'm always right!