- The low lighting in Nod's facilities exists only because Kane likes hearing his people smash their shins against low-hanging consoles.
- Chapter 18; not only does Rawne fall victim to Temple Prime's dim lights, but we get his thoughts on Kilian;
"Deep down, Rawne envied Kane, if only for the fact that he was surrounded by so many leggy blondes who felt the need to fondle him"
- And of course Killian orders Rawne to take a break, and billets him into a Hand of Nod.....one which was mostly reserved for women
- Anyone else find the part where Brother-Captain Allen deals with a would-be rapist by beating him half to death, before hurling said rapist out a window, to be very darkly humorous?
- Yea verily, though I charge through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am driving a house-sized mass of "fuck you."
- The mention of the Annual Black Hand Taco Fiesta in Chapter 17, mostly because of how it comes right out of nowhere.
- Major Douche. He does have a real name, but no name tag, so his guards call him Major Douche.
- Naming of some unimportant characters in general. For example, Colt met a soldier named Pack who was carrying supply in GDI base.