- Elsie (Miss Sensitivity), while Marlene is crying hysterically.
Elsie: Is she sober?Mr. Stringer: Yes she's sober! I've been with her all aftern... When... I... Uh... I saw her w... Yes, of course she's sober! Don't be stupid!
- The head chef shouting about a mouse in his trousers.
- Ms Irvine's magnificent WTF face when she enters the dining room and sees all the mice running around.
- From the book the Grand High Witch says a hilarious line when one of the witches wonders if they need a potion for each child.
"Idiots! If you are wanting a steak, you do not cook the whole cow!"
- A random witch compliments the Grand High Witch's (disguised) new look. The Grand High Witch responds, "You're too kind...I wish I could say the same for you."