- "Changing Gears" has cranky Gears becoming friendly in a passive-aggressive way after one of his chips was taken out.
Gears: "I should be very angry at you Megatron. You are an evil son of a retrorat, but for some reason, I just can't get too upset."
Gears: "How can I help you, Megatron, heh heh, you rotten hunk of scrap?"
- The Decepticons get their just deserts in "The Immobilizer".
Megatron: The most important thing is that I get what I deserve! And I always do.
[the water beneath the Decepticons returns to normal, causing them to fall into it and be washed away by the river]
Trailbreaker: You deserve that alright, Mega-jerk! Rust in peace!
[The Autobots laugh]
- In The Autobot Run, Skywarp has just frozen the Autobots in their Automobile Forms with a weapon called the Transfixatron, and the Autobots have just found that out:
Sunstreaker: I can't.... change back... into my normal handsome self!
Megatron: (Flies in to rub salt in the wounds) It seems you Autobots have a slight "identity problem?" Huhuhahahahaha!!
- From "The Master Builders", Spike teaches Optimus how to play basketball.
"Spike, compute quickly!"
(Optimus throws the ball at Spike, knocking the human over.)
- The drunken Decepticon scene in "Microbots":
Megatron: "Decepticons: a toast. To the imminent destruction of the accursed Autobots!"
(The Decepticons begin drinking Energon)
Starscream: "Energy! We won't need to conserve it after tomorrow. We can bleed this planet dry!"
Rumble: [hiccups] "Boy, these are good. [hiccups] I needed to refuel. Energy!"
Megatron: "Energy! Energy!"
Thundercracker: "Hey! This stuff's the greatest! [passes out]"
Megatron: "Ah, those were the good ol' days, back on Cybertron...Didn't have to...sneak around in these...ugly Earth disguises."
Powerglide: "Time to cut the jets and glide. ... What in the world?"
Megatron: "Good ol' Cybertron! Land... of the metal moon!"
- Heck, even Laserbeak of all characters is so smashed he barrel rolls into the ground when trying to pursue Powerglide.
- In "Megatron's Master Plan", a kid idiotically asks Laserbeak, "Laserbeak wanna cracker?" Laserbeak doesn't say anything, but his reaction is a look with an eye flash which could be interpreted as anything from giving the moron an epic Death Glare to going "Mmm... crackers!".
- Of all of the numerous scale errors in the entire series, Hoist driving Huffer in "Make Tracks" may take the cake. Not just because Huffer's toy is tiny compared to Hoist's, but also because they're trying to clear out a New York City traffic jam.
- In "Child's Play," Prime has absolutely zero patience for Perceptor's Expospeak Gags. Twice in a row, when he's trying to explain how he can technobabble the Autobots back home, Prime cuts him off by simply saying, "Perceptor, just do it."
- And the second time, he says it faster and in a completely flat monotone, as if he's thinking, "I just said..."
- The Decepticons are being waylaid by the (proportionally) giant cat and fish of the alien boy whose room they materialized in. Optimus's response when it's pointed out the 'Cons are getting mangled? "Good! Now let's get out of here."
- When the Decepticons make it back to Earth, Thrust complains about landing in a swamp. Starscream tells him to be thankful they're no longer on a world of green monsters... then they get grabbed by alligators and pulled under the water. Starscream screams, "Get this thing off me!"
- "Quest for Survival" had lots of hilarious moments with the Morphobots.
- In "Sea Change", using a magical metamorphic spring, a cute alien mermaid tricks Rumble into becoming a tree.
- In "Triple Takeover", after Blitzwing and Astrotrain have taken over the Decepticons, there's this classic exchange between Megatron and Starscream, who are trapped in an Absurdly Spacious Sewer:
Megatron: You're either lying, or you're stupid!
Starscream: (Crying) I'm stupid! I'm stuuuupiiiid!"
- In the beginning, Starscream, Blitzwing, and Astrotrain carve their faces along with Megatron's into the side of a mountain Rushmore Refacement style. Then, they destroy Megatron's face.
- Blitzwing mistakes a football coach for a military officer and drafts him as his advisor. When the coach suggests Blitzwing use a zone defense, the Decepticon contracts the Constructicons to build a maze around the stadium. And it works.
- Astrotrain brings a bunch of trains to life as his "Astroforce". He leaves them alone for a few minutes and they've somehow derailed themselves and gotten tangled in a knot. Then one charges and breaks a water main that ends up flooding the city.
- When the Mêlée à Trois between Megatron, Starscream, Devastator, Blitzwing and Astrotrain finally occurs there are two different dialogues.
- Thundercracker, Ramjet and Thrust have a pool:
Thundercracker: I say Megatron will prevail!
Thrust: Three energon cubes say you're wrong!
Thundercracker: Make it four!
Ramjet: My money is on Devastator.
- The Autobots, save Optimus, see this and are amazed.
Trailbreaker: Your friends are waiting for you!
Optimus Prime: (chuckles) I never get involved in domestic squabbles.
Ironhide: I think we'll need a program to follow the players.
- In "Prime Target", Optimus finds himself on the grounds of an Egomaniac Hunter who wanted to add his head to his collection. Astrotrain and Blitzwing stumbled upon this and shadowed Optimus. When Optimus bypassed an Obvious Trap, Blitzwing ends up triggering it himself, and Astrotrain has to blast him free of it.
Optimus Prime: "Amazing. A booby trap that actually catches boobies."
- Lord Chumley's butler gives some really good deadpan snarker answers.
Lord Chumley: "Darn those Decepticons! Always ruining my fun!.'''
Dimsworth: Yes, much like the Humane Society I suppose...
- Astoria Carlton-Ritz, the titular "The Girl Who Loved Powerglide", provides plenty:
Astoria: You got any burgers in this joint?
Astoria: You guys are, like, the worst hosts!
- The Decepticons try to use a mind probe on Astoria to learn her father's formula. We get this gem:
Soundwave: Subject's mind ... completely empty. note
- Astoria manages to annoy Megatron to the point he ends up losing his temper and shooting the mind probe with his arm cannon.
- Really, this entire scene, with the Decepticons' massive frustration with Astoria's attitude and her Walking Techbane tendencies affecting their equipment, is such a CMOF that it's worth how ludicrous the rest of the episode is. Watch it here.
- At the end, Astoria realizes she needs something metal to short out the Decepticons' big gizmo. She looks around at the floating platform, where every single object in sight is made of metal, and declares, "Nothing!" She uses her locket, the McGuffin they've spent the whole episode fighting over, destroying it.
- When the Decepticons' sub-orbital platform is about to crash into their undersea base:
Megatron: And as for the girl and the falling star platform, well, that's Powerglide's problem!
Soundwave: (raises platform on monitor) Correction: Problem is ours!
Megatron: Energize the force fields!
Soundwave: What force fields!? (crash)
- In "Hoist Goes Hollywood", after Dirge screws up a mission, Megatron, perhaps by reflex, chews out Starscream:
Megatron: *turns and points at Starscream* I should have you disassembled for this!
Starscream: ME?!? But, but I-
- In "Five Faces of Darkness, Part 3", right after Wheelie shoots a Sweep in the face and he starts falling to his death:
Sweep: My guidance system is hit! Galvatron, save meeeEEE!
- From "Dark Awakening" - Rodimus Prime, Spike, and company crash-land in front of two Dinobots after being reported dead.
Arcee: Sludge! Snarl! Oh, are we glad to see you!
Sludge: Me Sludge not glad to see you!
Snarl: You all dead! Rarrr!
Sludge: ...Maybe we dead.
- Later, in the same episode, we get this exchange:
Optimus Prime: "Not a game! ...Matrix makes me too strong!"
a unique complaint!"
- In "Ghost in the Machine", Starscream's ghost has abandoned Astrotrain after possessing him in order to get to Cybertron (and Unicron's floating head). The Autobots shoot him down (thinking he was bringing an assault force) and bring him in for questioning:
Rodimus Prime: "Why did you attack Cybertron all by yourself? Are you stupid or just obedient?"
- Another winner from that episode involves Starscream's ghost, again, this time possessing Scourge...or the half of him holding a gun, anyway.
Scourge: "Give me that blaster!"
Starscream: "No! Get one of your own!"
Galvatron: [Believing the Starscream-possessed Scourge has lost his marbles] There is no reasoning with him! Destroy him! He's lost his mind!
- After Starscream steals Trypticon, a very worried looking Thrust, Dirge, Runabout and Runamuck are in Galvatron's throne room to report Scourge and Starscream's rampage on Chaar:
- "Webworld" is packed to the gills with Black Comedy. Why? Three words: Galvatron. In. Therapy.
"Galvatron, don't fight it. Just say whatever comes to mind." Galvatron: "Kill! Smash! Destroy!" Therapist:
"Err...yes, go on" Galvatron:
"Rend! Mangle! Distort!
Galvatron: "I hate the Autobots! I hate Cyclonus! And I'm not very fond of YOU, either!"
- There's also the bit when the administrator makes Cyclonus validate all the paperwork.
Administrator: "Before we start, there are certain formalities. Does the patient have a service contract with us? ...Then we'll require a credit reference. I believe we can waive the customary deposit. Should the patient require permanent care, payment will be made in consciousness units rather than conventional currency."
Cyclonus: "What I want to know is—"
Administrator: "Do you understand and agree to these terms?"
Cyclonus: "Yes, yes!"
Administrator: "Then if you'll validate the forms right here... and here for diagnostics... and for therapeutics... and one for parts and labor... and accounting... and there. That's your copy."
Cyclonus: "..." *rips receipt*
- Galvatron asks one of the natives where the Autobots are. The creature answers in gibberish, and Galvatron calls him an idiot.
Galvatron: [panting in barely restrained rage] "Fleshling, I warn you...tell me where to find the Autobots or—"
Inmate: "Mommy!" [licks him with an absurdly long tongue]
- The therapists put Galvatron in Arts and Crafts class, and he somehow makes a gun. Also a Moment of Awesome.
- How about at the start of the episode after the disastrous fight with the Autobots?
Cyclonus: "This isn't over Autobots!! Do you hear me? This isn't over!!"
Sweep: "You're starting to sound like Galvatron!!"
Cyclonus: "It will take the Torkulons centuries to rebuild."
Galvatron: "Only CENTURIES?!?!" *tosses the administrator aside in disgust*
- Ultra Magnus in "Fight or Flee":
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy." (beat
) "All right, give me the bomb."
- In "Money is Everything", Marissa Faireborn and Dirk Manus make out several times. Each time, the Technobots get confused, even calling it a bizarre Earth ritual.
- A lot of Grimlock's dialogue in "Call of the Primitives".
The Oracle: "Only you can save the world now, Grimlock."
: "Me Grimlock feel important!"
Grimlock: [chuckles] "You are creator?"
: "Grimlock laugh at little wimp who cause big trouble!"
Primacron: We are finished!! I've amplified the energy parameters, minimized the drivormenter, redirected the ion flow! I've tried EVERYTHING!
Grimlock: Me Grimlock solve problem! Wuh!
[Reaches over and pushes switch]
Primacron: Of course, the reverse switch! Why didn't I think of that?!
- From "The Rebirth":
(It's unclear what Hardhead is doing but hilariously it looks like he's kissing Blurr!)