- When asked his name, Ahmad includes his full name with all of the "ibn" connectors that are a common feature of names for his people.
Herger: ...Aben?Ahmad: No, no [...] 'ibn' means, "the son of."Herger: [to the others] Aben.
- Herger the Joyful is, by far, the funniest character in the whole film.
[upon learning that the "fire wyrm" is an army of men carrying torches]Herger: I'd rather fight a dragon.
- Herger throws Ahmad a Viking broadsword, which is rather unwieldy for the aristocratic poet:
Ahmad: I cannot lift this.Herger: [holding his arms out in a shrug while smiling] Grow stronger.
- The whole metal worker scene, starting with Ahmad doing more damage than helping and ending with his flashy moves with his brand new pseudo-scimitar.
Weath: Give an Arab a sword and he makes a knife!...Weath: When you die, can I give it to my daughter?
- This gem:
Ahmad: What happened?Herger: An engineering dispute... [camera pans to Herger sharpening his sword and shields laying at his feet]
- During their escape from the Wendol's lair, swimming out through the Thunder cliffs.
Herger The way we'll know is: if they don't follow us it's too far to swim!