YMMV: The 13th Warrior
- Awesome Music: Even if you didn't care for the movie, you have to admit that Jerry Goldsmith's score is pretty awesome.
- Cool vs. Awesome: Well, not quite "versus" (although the Troubled Production might hint at that...), but Michael Crichton (i.e. Jurassic Park) and John McTiernan (of Die Hard fame) working together on a project has to qualify.
- Critical Dissonance: On Rotten Tomatoes the film only holds a 33% "fresh" rating with critics. But with audiences it holds a respectable 66% fresh rating.
- Cult Classic: Although the film was panned by critics and was one of the biggest box office flops of all time, it does have a fair amount of fans who consider it to be a very good action/adventure film.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Among fans of the film, Herger the Joyful is undoubtably the most popular character.
- Buliwyf as well, the role that launched Vladimir Kulich into great acclaim and recognition.
- He Also Did: This is the second film John McTiernan's made based on Beowulf. His earlier movie Predator was also influenced by the Norse epic.
- Values Dissonance: Old Norse culture sees the number 13 as a good thing.