Funny: Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Manga examplesChapter 5
- Fayt notes Mirage's beauty, but Cliff tells him not to get any ideas, when he catches Fayt staring at her... while doing the same damn thing he was accusing Fayt of. Mirage curbstomps him off-panel and resumes flying the shuttle.
- The moment Cliif gets his first look at Nel, it results in 'lust at first sight':
- Cliff's first meeting with Tynave:
- Nel details their escape route, once they've exited the caverns beneath Ariglyph. But Cliff gets distracted by her skirt and wanted to know if she was wearing any panties. Tynave leaps from the shadows and flattens him.
- Just when Nel takes up for him by explaining he's on their side, Cliff blows it by mistaking Tynave for a boy, because her breasts are small. Nel clobbers him. Again.
- If you can't tell by now: Cliff is a pervert and a glutton for punishment. So when Nel fails to understand what he means by offering to be "her partner", he plainly tells her that he meant "in bed". You can guess what happens next.
- As in the game, when Nel and Clair reunite, they share a prolonged hug. However, the manga plays it up more, with blushing and soft stares from both of them, while Fayt and Cliff stare uncomfortably - 'til Cliff finally has to clear his throat to break them up.
- Yeah... definitely NOT a good idea to treat the ends of Albel's hair like a cat's toy, but it was worth just to see the look on everyone's faces when Kurin did it anyway - especially her brother!
- After they've successfully raided the copper mine, Nel thanks Fayt and Cliff for all their help in preparing the "Thunder Arrow" for the war with Ariglyph. Then says she'll do something for them, later. Naturally, Cliff took that as an invitation to pounce Farleen, causing Tynave to crown him.
- The look of resignation on Clair's face once she sees that her father's back. Made worse when he tries to convince one of her subordinates that there's a family resemblance.
- When Biwig delivers his ultimatum to Fayt, to force him to surrender himself, Fayt starts to comply - until Maria slaps him. Just as he was about to ask why, the look she gives him stops him cold.
- Cliff convinces Roger that it'd be a good idea to wait 'til Kurin was in the bath, to try to disarm her. Nel and Maria see through it and knock both their lights out.
- It's an omake chapter, which serves as a Call Back to the incident when Fayt first met Ameena in Peterny and mistook her for Sophia. So Cliff talks him into making sure by looking through her underwear drawer!
- Nel tries to talk them out of it by saying that breaking into someone else's home is illegal, but Fayt counters by pointing out how she'd done the same thing by infiltrating Ariglyph Castle.
- So she gives in and goes along with them to keep Cliff from touching Ameena's panties, and had to keep Fayt from trying anything with her while she was asleep. Then Cliff shows up with a pair of Ameena's panties on his head.
- And after clocking him for it, Nel resigns herself to having to look through Ameena's underwear, since they couldn't be trusted. But she starts blushing with embarrassment, prompting Fayt to ask if it was because Nel likes girls!